Fall 2020 Courses will be REMOTE, meeting virtually at specific days and times as posted on the course schedule.
Art, Art History & Design courses will be a combination of recorded demonstrations, projects, readings and writings; and live mini-lectures, group critiques and demonstrations with regular interaction between professors and peers. Students will use Blackboard with enhanced learning from a variety of other creative and educational platforms.
See each course’s syllabus on Banner for specific technology requirements.
The mission of the Department of Art, Art History and Design Department is to provide a strong foundation in the visual arts whereby students learn the concepts, skills, and vocabulary to enable them to create and understand art as a means of visual expression and communication.
The department is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design and offers an Associate of Fine Art Degree (A.F.A.) and a Certificate in Graphic Design.
Our curriculum emphasizes the appreciation, understanding and practice of art and
• the principles and language of art and design
• the overall creative process
• the roles and responsibilities of the artist and designer throughout history within a multi-cultural community and within a global context
• appropriate traditional skills and advances in technology in art studio, and history courses.
Knight GalleryView Student Exhibition Online
- Image Credit: Helen Czepyha 'It all Started with a Rabbit'
Flanagan GalleryView Student Exhibition Online
- Image Credit: Helen Medina