Driver Education for Teens
This program is designed for high school students, ages 15 years and 10 months through 19 years. Successful completion of this course earns a certificate that students may present to the DMV for a Drivers Permit.
Courses are offered at most high schools, CCRI's four campus locations, and various locations throughout the state.
NEW - The Parent's Supervised Driving Program for Rhode Island is designed to improve teen driver safety by providing parents and guardians with a methodical approach to teaching the requisite driving skills. Parents or guardians are responsible for making certain that their teen has completed no less than 50 hours of supervised driving.Check out the PDF Manual and download the Road Ready App on this website. http://www.eregulations.com/driving/rhode-island/
- Participant must be a minimum age of 15 years, 10 months by the first class. Participants can register earlier but must be the required age by the first day of class.
- Registration form must be completed and submitted with payment.
- Proof of age must be submitted on the first day of class (a copy of your birth certificate, passport, or baptismal record). No refunds will be given if a student is younger than 15 years, 10 months on the first day.
- Individuals who require accommodations in a Drivers Ed course should contact Carla Assalone, email@example.com at least 40 days prior to the course start date. Please include your name, phone number, and best time to call in the e-mail.
- Students must purchase the textbook, How to Drive: The Beginning Driver's Manual - 15th Edition prior to the first class. All sales are final, this textbook isn't eligible for buyback through the bookstore. Available at the CCRI bookstores.
- For class refunds, students must cancel at least 48 hours before first class. No refunds or credits will be given if cancellation is less than 48 hours before start.
- If a student misses the first class, the student will be dropped from the class and must register and pay for another class.
Please print and complete the following Registration Form and return to a CCRI Workforce office.
- If a school location is closed for any reason, driver education is cancelled at that location.
- Detailed permit and license information is available through the RI DMV website.
- To request an in-state RI replacement certificate of completion, please complete and return the replacement form.
- To transfer an out-of-state license to Rhode Island, read the instructions.
Please visit the Driver Ed Instructor Resources page for teaching resources.
Workforce ProgramsMore Info
- Bridge to Best Program
- English Language Studies (ELS)
- GED® Testing & Transcripts
- GED® Ready
- Corporate Language Training
- Adult Education Professional Development
CCRI’s Career services Office provides students and alumni with high-quality services, support and resources for successful career planning and superior experiential learning opportunities.
The CCRI Workforce Partnerships Team works in close collaboration with industry and business leaders to ensure the college’s offerings are meeting both current and future workforce needs.
Search for classes within the Division of Workforce Partnerships by submitting the form below.