The use of video as a means of artistic expression dates back to the 1960’s when Andy Warhol, the father of Pop Art, explored a variety of subjects including the nature of fame and celebrity. With the availability of affordable high definition cameras and desktop editing software, this art form has cemented its place in museums, galleries and a multitude of mainstream public and online spaces. This course introduces students to the many ways in which their own footage and that which they appropriate from a variety of sources can be transformed into powerful works of art.
Lecture: 3 hours
Lab: 3 hours
- This course is recommended for all Art majors but can serve as an introductory digital class for all students.
Student Exhibition Spring 2022
- A showcase of the incredible talent, determination and creativity of our students. All the featured artwork was made this semester by students as coursework in the Art, Art History, and Design Department.
- image credit: Francy Hinds
Student Exhibition Fall 2021
- Browse the exhibition at the link below to see drawings, paintings, photography, digital art, graphic design and more. We applaud our students, and invite you to explore the exhibition!
- image credit: 'Look With Your Eyes Not Your Mouth' by Faith Lapierre