Art Program Outcomes
Students will develop a strong foundation in the visual arts through the study of concepts, skills and vocabulary which will enable them to create and understand art as a means of visual expression and communication. Emphasis shall be placed on the appreciation, understanding and practice of art and design including:
- Demonstrate foundation skills in the use of art process and media that enable clear, creative visual communication.
- Demonstrate the ability to think critically and creatively about visual art.
- Articulate the significance of art history, contemporary culture and the global perspectives in the making of art and design.
- Prepare a portfolio for transfer, personal use or career development.
Outcomes Related to Transfer
Transfer of visual art classes is a central focus of CCRI's AFA course work. The Associate of Fine Arts in visual art is a solid foundation program equal in content and quality to major art programs throughout the country, which enables smooth transfer in studio art and art history. Transfer often depends upon successful portfolio development and presentation. Students are advised to consult with faculty for optimal transfer success.
Online Exhibition: The Collective
- Despite the pandemic we would like to present our artwork to you. Using our Collective effort the Fine Arts Seminar class of Fall semester 2020, has created this virtual show. Welcome to The Collective.
- image credit: Jon Carpetis
Online Exhibition: 2020 Fine Art Seminar
- This showcase is an opportunity for the Fine Art Seminar class to gather our work, and express our talents and passions amidst the Covid Pandemic. We, as a collaborative, have come together to create a virtual exhibition of our best work for you.
Student Exhibition Fall 2020
- A showcase of the incredible talent and success of our students in their exploration and execution of art. All the featured artwork was made this semester by students enrolled in Art, Art History, and Design courses.
- image credit: Zairelis Lopez