HEALTHCARE WORKFORCE CONTINUING EDUCATION
Adapting Your Practice - Supporting Clients through Applied Behavior Analysis
Program Description: During this virtual, enduring continuing education activity, learn about the evidence base for Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) services, how autism and developmental disabilities impact both the client and their family, and steps you can take to provide an environment conducive to the safety and well-being of a client with autism and developmental disabilities.
- Renee Randol, M.A., BCBA, LBA, Executive Director & Co-Founder of Navigate Behaviors in Rhode Island.
- Kelley Linden, M.Ed, BCBA, LBA, Behavior Line Therapist, Navigate Behaviors.
- Breanna Fortin, BCBA, LBA, Behavior Analyst, Navigate Behaviors.
- Jordan Miranda Scott, BA, BS, RBT, Senior Behavior Technician, Navigate Behaviors.
- Kate Pearson, MS, Behavior Line Therapist, Navigate Behaviors.
Who Should Attend: Nurses, Dental Professionals, Social Workers, Healthcare Professionals, CCRI Health & Rehabilitative Sciences Students, Faculty, Alumni, and Clinical Instructors.
Learning Outcomes and Objectives: Upon completion of this activity, participants will:
- Self-report knowledge gain of the evidence base for Applied Behavior Analysis services
- Self-report knowledge gain of how autism and developmental disabilities impact both the client and their family
- Be able to identify steps to take to help provide an environment conducive to the safety and well-being of a client with autism and developmental disabilities
Continuing Education Credit:
- Nurses: This nursing continuing professional development activity is provided by the Community College of Rhode Island for 2.0 nursing contact hours. The Community College of Rhode Island is approved as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the Northeast Multistate Division, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
- Dental Professionals: This program qualifies for credit through the Rhode Island Dental Association. The Rhode Island Dental Association is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. Participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance by email for a maximum of 2.0 credit hours.
- Social Workers PENDING: This program has been submitted to the Rhode Island School of Social Work, Continuing Education in Social Work, and is pending approval of contact hours.
Registration Details Coming Soon!
This program is supported by funding from the Rhode Island Executive Office of Health and Human Services, Healthcare Workforce Transformation Program.