Changing Their World - Improving Alzheimer's and Dementia Awareness and Sensitivity
The Community College of Rhode Island's Healthcare Workforce Transformation Initiatives team is pleased to present a virtual enduring educational activity that will provide nurses and healthcare professionals the opportunity to gain knowledge and increase awareness and sensitivity of Alzheimer’s disease and dementia, resulting in improved understanding of how to care for the person with Alzheimer’s or dementia and improving the patient/provider relationship.
Donna Ashworth, RN, MSN, CNE, Professor of Nursing, at CCRI and Clinical Nurse Specialist in Gerontology.
Who Should Attend:
Nurses, Dental Professionals, Healthcare Professionals, Allied and Rehabilitative Health Professionals, CCRI Health & Rehabilitative Sciences Students, Faculty, Alumni, and Clinical Instructors.
Learning Objectives and Outcomes:
As a result of this activity, the learner will:
- Demonstrate recognition of awareness and sensitivity when caring for people with Alzheimer’s disease or dementia.
- Enhance or gain knowledge of Alzheimer’s disease and dementia, resulting in improved understanding of how to care for the person with Alzheimer’s or dementia and improving the patient/provider relationship.
- Nurses: This continuing nursing education activity is provided by the Community College of Rhode Island. The Community College of Rhode Island is approved as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the Northeast Multistate Division, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation, for 2.0 contact hours.
- Dental Professionals: This program qualifies for credit through the Rhode Island Dental Association. The Rhode Island Dental Association is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. Participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance following the activity. Participants will receive a certificate for a maximum of 2.0 credit hours by email.
- Social Workers: This program is approved by Rhode Island College School of Social Work, Continuing Education in Social Work for 2 continuing education contact hours.
Registration Fee: $10.00 - There is a discount code to waive the registration fee for CCRI faculty, staff, students, and members of Accountable Entities. Please email [email protected] for this code.
This program is supported by funding from the Rhode Island Executive Office of Health and Human Services, Healthcare Workforce Transformation Program.