Interprofessional Team Collaboration and Impact on Patient Safety
Program Description: During this virtual enduring continuing education activity, learn about how interprofessional team collaboration has a direct impact on patient safety. Learn how to recognize the value and barriers to interprofessional team collaboration on patient and client safety and quality, gain knowledge of conflict resolution strategies to maintain and enhance team collaboration and how these strategies are applicable in the practice setting.
Presenter: Donna M. Donilon, PhD, RN, NPD-BC, Executive Director of Healthcare Workforce Transformation Initiatives at the Community College of Rhode Island.
Who Should Attend:
Nurses, Dental Professionals, Healthcare Professionals, Allied and Rehabilitative Health Professionals, CCRI Health & Rehabilitative Sciences Students, Faculty, Alumni, and Clinical Instructors.
Learning Objectives and Outcomes:
As a result of this activity, the learner will:
- Recognize the value of and barriers to interprofessional team collaboration on patient safety and quality.
- Gain knowledge of conflict resolution strategies to maintain and enhance interprofessional team collaboration and how these strategies are applicable in the practice setting.
- Nurses: This continuing nursing education activity is provided by the Community College of Rhode Island. The Community College of Rhode Island is approved as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the Northeast Multistate Division, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation, for 1.0 contact hour. Expires March 1, 2023
- Dental Professionals: This program qualifies for credit through the Rhode Island Dental Association. The Rhode Island Dental Association is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. Participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance following the activity. Participants will receive a certificate for a maximum of 1.0 credit hour by email. Expires March 1, 2023
- Social Workers: This program is approved by Rhode Island College School of Social Work, Continuing Education in Social Work for 1.0 non-contact continuing education contact hour. Expires March 1, 2023.
This program is supported by funding from the Rhode Island Executive Office of Health and Human Services, Healthcare Workforce Transformation Program.