Instructional Design Coaching
You provide the content and curriculum expertise and we will assist with building the Blackboard course.
We design online courses that meet federal (including RSI, FERPA, ADA, 508, Copyright, etc.), state (NC-SARA, OPC) and local regulations.
Online Learning and Technology has several services available to online instructors and chairs including online course design coaching, course alignment and program development. Instructional designers will work with you, the Subject Matter Experts (SME) to improve your online course. You provide the vision and we will help you implement it!
Online Design Coaching or Course Design Support
- 4 weeks of development
- Meet 1:1 with an instructional designer to improve your student performance or work out a particular challenge.
- Minimum of graphic services.
Our instructional designers understand how to build engaging learning experiences. Instructional designers work along side instructors to apply science-based principles and effective practices for online courses. The course can be a redesign or built from scratch.
- 4-6 months of development for each course
- Meeting 1:1 with an instructional designer
- Course mapping and alignment
- Communications mapping
- Assignment, discussion and test building
- Graphics services
- Meet or exceed the OSCQR rubric.
- Recommendations regarding accessibility and universal design for learning
- Technology integration in the Blackboard course
Online Program Development
Extend your program online to relieve a program bottleneck, increase enrollment or the effectiveness of your program pathway. We can help you develop a strategic vision for your program, provide outcome support or work through a modality change.