Practicing dental assistants will learn the basic principles and techniques of digital intraoral and panoramic radiography as they expose and evaluate radiographic images during laboratory sessions.
This intensive two-week course educates dental assistants in the basic fundamentals of dental radiography. Successful course completion satisfies the Rhode Island Department of Health requirement for exposure of radiographs in the dental office setting.
- A minimum of six months of full-time chairside dental assisting experience is required. Participants must submit written proof of experience from employer at the start of the first lab.
- Students must recruit a patient for a full mouth series competency and are required to complete online coursework and attend all laboratory sessions. Students will be awarded with a certificate upon successful completion of all course requirements.
CRN and Course #: 50097 PSEM-4001-150
Registration Deadline: February 7, 2020
Online Coursework: February 8 - 29, 2020
Labs Sessions: Saturdays, February 22 and 29, 8:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
CRN and Course #: 50098 PSEM-4001-151
Registration Deadline: April 3, 2020
Online Coursework: April 6 - 25, 2020
Labs Sessions: Saturdays, April 18 and 25, 8:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Please contact Kerri Friel with any questions (email@example.com)
- Complete and return the registration form with payment. Please include the CRN and Course # listed above.
- Purchase textbook: Dental Radiography Principles and Techniques” by Iannucci and Howerton, ed.5. Elsevier, 2017. ISBN: 978-0-323-29742-4. Available at the CCRI bookstores.
If interested please print and complete the Registration Form and return to a CCRI Workforce office.
Workforce ProgramsMore Info
- Bridge to Best Program
- English Language Studies (ELS)
- GED® Testing & Transcripts
- GED® Ready
- Corporate Language Training
- Adult Education Professional Development
CCRI’s Career services Office provides students and alumni with high-quality services, support and resources for successful career planning and superior experiential learning opportunities.
The CCRI Workforce Partnerships Team works in close collaboration with industry and business leaders to ensure the college’s offerings are meeting both current and future workforce needs.
Search for classes within the Division of Workforce Partnerships by submitting the form below.