RI-BEST classes are offered for students to take college-level courses and get additional academic support in these classes. RI-BEST students will earn college credit and have teachers to provide additional tutoring in academic courses.
RI-BEST Hospitality and Business
Genesis Center, in partnership with CCRI and the RI Hospitality Association, is pleased to announce the launch of their next RI-BEST Hospitality and Business course. This free course supports the development of foundational academic skills, job preparedness, and college readiness so that adults are prepared to enter and advance in a career path.
Specifically designed for adults age 18+ who are working in or have an interest in retail or hospitality, this innovative course offers adult basic education, college credit, and industry certifications so that participants can advance their skills and careers. Students are paid for their time in class to ensure that workers at all income levels can afford to participate.
Benefits the program:
- Classes offered mostly online with some in-person components
- 8 weeks of hospitality training and digital literacy with free certifications.
- Opportunity to take a FREE 3-credit, 9 week Business 1010 course
- Paid stipend for attendance
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Working in the hospitality industry or preparing to return to the industry
- Must complete pre and post assessments and maintain consistent attendance
- Must have access to own device and internet access
For more information, please complete our Program Inquiry Form.
|January, 24, 2022||AM||
Providence Liston Campus/Online
|January 24, 2022||PM||
620 Potters Avenue, Providence RI 02907
- Alex Hartley
Workforce ProgramsMore Info
- Adult Education Professional Development
- Bridge to Best
- Corporate Language
- English Language Studies (ELS)
- GED® Testing & Transcripts
CCRI Career Services provides students and alumni with high-quality services, support, and resources for successful career planning and superior experiential learning opportunities.
The CCRI Workforce Partnerships Team works in close collaboration with industry and business leaders to ensure the college’s offerings are meeting both current and future workforce needs.