Teacher's Assistant Training Program
NEW - Online Registration Available
Teacher Assistant classes are currently being offered online and will be offered as a hybrid course in the fall. Students will need to have internet access and be able to use Google Meet/Zoom video conferencing to take this class.
This program provides training for anyone interested in being employed as a full-time, part-time, or substitute teacher assistant. Topics are consistent with state standards and include: roles and responsibilities of the teacher assistant, human development, diversity, special education, basic rights, school health and safety, the instructional process, school laws, computer and technology skills, positive classroom climate, and team-building.
A certificate recognized by RIDE is awarded upon successful completion of all classes, assignments, job shadowing, and the final exam.
- Online registration is paid by credit card ONLY.
- Cash, check or money order walk-in registrations will be accepted in our office locations. Please note that offices are currently closed.
- Review the Teacher Assistant Program Requirements
- Available funding: VA Educational Benefits,WIOA Approved
- **Grant funded course available in Westerly ONLY: Mon. & Wed., July 13-August 26, 2020, may be free if you qualify, if interested please email Faith.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Although this is a noncredit training program, one credit is transferable to CCRI's Human Services programs.
- The RI Department of Education does not certify individual teacher assistants but sets minimum qualifications that school districts must follow in hiring TAs. Applicants should always check with the district(s) where they want to apply to learn about their specific employment requirements through RIDE Become a Teacher Assistant.
- Duplicate/Replacement Certificates: If you need a Rhode Island teacher assistant certificate because you have lost the original, please mail the Duplicate Certificate Form and a $10 check or money order payable to CCRI.
Workforce ProgramsMore Info
- Bridge to Best Program
- English Language Studies (ELS)
- GED® Testing & Transcripts
- GED® Ready
- Corporate Language Training
- Adult Education Professional Development
CCRI’s Career services Office provides students and alumni with high-quality services, support and resources for successful career planning and superior experiential learning opportunities.
The CCRI Workforce Partnerships Team works in close collaboration with industry and business leaders to ensure the college’s offerings are meeting both current and future workforce needs.
Search for classes within the Division of Workforce Partnerships by submitting the form below.