Skip to Main ContentSearch Site

Military Training & Experience

CCRI will award college credit for your military training if you are enrolled in a CCRI program and if the learning is applicable to your degree plan.

If you would like your military training to be evaluated for Credit for Prior Learning, first review the Military Credit Award - Important Information/FAQ then follow the steps below.

Please note: If you are new to CCRI or have not attended CCRI in two or more years, you must submit a new CCRI application.


For Army, Coast Guard, Navy and Marine Corps official military transcripts:
  1. Register for an account using the Joint Services Transcript (JST) portal.

  2. Send your JST to CCRI using the portal. A Prior Learning Coordinator will then review the transcript for a possible credit award.

  3. If your military training is applicable to your CCRI program of study and is eligible for a credit award, the Prior Learning Coordinator will send you a Credit Award Form (usually electronically via Adobe). Students requesting credit for military training and experience should consult with Advising and Counseling and/or the Veterans Services Office before credits are posted to ensure understanding of how VA education benefits may be impacted. 

  4. Sign and submit the Credit Award Form.

Community College of the Air Force official transcripts can be sent to:

CCRI Records Department – Flanagan Campus
1762 Louisquisset Pike
Lincoln, RI 02865

Official e-transcripts can be sent to: [email protected].


Students may be eligible for other areas of Credit for Prior Learning in addition to military training and experience reflected on their official military transcript. To explore additional options please use the button below to schedule a call.

Schedule a Call