Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the program, all Theatre students will be able to:
- Define the roles of each component in a theatrical team. Perform one or more of these
roles dependably, competently, and resourcefully as part of a team working collaboratively.
- Analyze text as it relates to performances that embody the playwright’s and director’s
- Identify major developments in theatre from historical, cultural and stylistic perspectives.
Upon completion of the program, Performance Track Theatre students will be able to:
- Select, prepare, and present representative and varied scenes and monologues from
a range of sources, integrating theory and process in the creation of character.
- Utilize the body and voice effectively as the actor’s instruments of communication.
- Assemble, rehearse, and perform a well suited personal audition package.
Upon completion of the program, Technical Track Theatre students will be able to:
- Identify the different steps in the process of theatre design, recognizing the differences
between various types of theatre spaces and their respective applications and uses.
- Identify and properly use the tools and materials of theatrical production, including
basic professional theatre graphics.
- Memorize and consistently adhere to theatre safety guidelines.