Safety Tips & Resources
A healthy theatre artist is a productive theatre artist!
It is vital, for both creativity and productivity, that you maintain the following principles:
Rest - We must get enough sleep every night to maintain our wellness.
Eat Well - Healthy food makes healthy bodies, promotes long life, improves memory and cognitive function, and provides the energy we need to reach our peak potential.
Exercise - Daily exercise provides us with access to our fullest physical potential. It also promotes mental health, and improves focus.
Have Fun - In addition to your creative work, artists should pursue personal interests and hobbies outside of the theatre. This prevents us from becoming obsessed with our work, which is never healthy.
Protocols for Theatre courses
Links to other resources
Corona virus (and other viruses) control measures
At this time of year, there are many respiratory viruses circulating. The CDC and RIDOH state that measures to prevent the spread of these viruses are the same as the measures needed to prevent COVID-19.
· If you feel sick, please stay home from school and work.
· Remember to wash your hands with warm water and soap frequently.
· If you can't use water and soap, use alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
· Practice good cough etiquette. Cough or sneeze into your elbow or a tissue and throw the tissue away after use.
· If you feel sick and need healthcare, please call your healthcare provider to explain your symptoms and travel history prior to going to a healthcare facility.