Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
IMPORTANT NOTICE: As part of this ongoing effort to limit the risk of a COVID-19 outbreak and to mitigate potential community spread of the virus, all CNA and Pre-Test dates and courses are cancelled until further notice. There is a FREE Lifespan course scheduled to start April 20 (see below).
The CNA course is for people who want to be employed as a licensed nursing assistant in Rhode Island. This Rhode Island Department of Health-approved course trains students to provide personal healthcare assistance in home or healthcare settings.
Lifespan FREE Certified Nursing Assistant Program PDF Flyer
Lifespan Workforce S.T.A.T. Program is offering a FREE 8-week C.N.A. course and a 6-week unpaid internship at Rhode Island Hospital, Miriam Hospital or Newport Hospital starting April 20, 2020. For more information please send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other CNA courses run approximately every three months. To enroll please complete the registration steps and you will be invited to a class after passing the CNA pretest and completing the required registration material.
There is $25 fee to register for the CNA Pre-Test.
If interested please print and complete the Registration Form and return to a CCRI Workforce office (For CNA pre-test only ).
|CNA Pre-Test||50074-CNAT-1000-152||Thursday, February 6, 2020, 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.||Lincoln Room 2144|
|CNA Pre-Test||50075-CNAT-1000-153||Tuesday, February 18, 2020, 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.||Lincoln Room 2144|
|Thursday, March 5, 2020, 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.||Lincoln Room 2144|
|CNA Day Class||50225 CNAT-3000-150||Cancelled – To be rescheduled - Tuesday & Thursday, beginning March 31, 2020, 9:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.||Lincoln Room 2141|
|CNA Evening Class||50227 CNAT-3000-151||Cancelled – To be rescheduled - Tuesday & Thursday, beginning March 31, 2020, 5:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.||Lincoln Room 2141|
Path to become a certified CNA
- Register for the CNA pretest and bring one form of identification.
- You can take the pretest twice. If you do not pass the test on the second try, you must enroll in CCRI's Open Entry/Open Exit Pre-CNA program.
- After passing the CNA pretest you will be given a required CNA course registration
material to be completed, including:
- A CCRI CNA course application
- Immunization form that must be completed by your health care provider
- Information on obtaining a Bureau of Criminal Identification (BCI) from the Rhode Island Attorney General's Office
- Once all course registration material is received, and you are accepted into the program, you will be invited to join a class and will receive notice two weeks before the class starts.
- CPR certification at the Healthcare Provider Level must be completed before the clinical portion of the program with the American Heart Association.
- Upon successful completion of the CNA course, we will schedule you to take the National Nurse Aide Assessment Program (NNAAP®) test.
- Successful completion of the CCRI CNA training program entitles you to 12 points towards the Practical Nursing Program.
Workforce ProgramsMore Info
- Bridge to Best Program
- English Language Studies (ELS)
- GED® Testing & Transcripts
- GED® Ready
- Corporate Language Training
- Adult Education Professional Development
CCRI’s Career services Office provides students and alumni with high-quality services, support and resources for successful career planning and superior experiential learning opportunities.
The CCRI Workforce Partnerships Team works in close collaboration with industry and business leaders to ensure the college’s offerings are meeting both current and future workforce needs.
Search for classes within the Division of Workforce Partnerships by submitting the form below.