- Nursing: We provide you with short videos to guide you on your first nursing semester along with additional resources to keep you on track.
- Math: Here are some resources to help you be successful in math. We also provide tip videos for math emporium students.
- Anatomy and Physiology: Here are some short videos done by the Student Success Center to help you learn how to study for your Anatomy and Physiology class with helpful advice from a CCRI student.
- Engineering: Here are some short videos done by the Student Success Center to help you learn how to study for your Engineering class with knowledgeable advice from a CCRI Tutor.
- General Chemistry: Here are some short videos done by the Student Success Center to help you learn how to study for your General Chemistry class with knowledgeable advice from a CCRI Student/Tutor.
HESI A-2 Exam Preparation Resources for Healthcare Students: Please note that the Student Success Center DOES NOT offer HESI A-2 workshops or tutoring. Click here to review resources meant to help you prepare for your HESI A-2 exam.
MIT OpenCourseWare: MIT OpenCourseWare provides a great service that makes the class material of real MIT Classes available to the public for free through Video Lectures, Presentations, and Assignments.
Learning Express Library: Learning Express Library provides a completely online learning platform of practice tests and tutorial course series designed to help patrons, students, and adult learners succeed on the academic or licensing tests they must pass.
Purdue's Online Writing Lab (OWL)
Vocabulary.com: A website that offers the opportunity to browse a variety of lists of various vocabulary words but also create and load your own lists to teach and test yourself in comprehension and spelling.
VARK: A questionnaire that provides users with a profile of their learning style preferences. These preferences are about the ways that they want to take-in and give-out information whilst learning.
Notetaking ABCs and 123s – Kimberly Edgar
How to Take Great Notes – watchwellcast
How to Study Effectively with Flashcards – Thomas Frank
The Most powerful way to remember What You Study – Thomas Frank
My #1 Way for Stopping procrastination – Thomas Frank
Exam Review Self-Reflection - The Learning Center, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Active Study Strategies - University of Arizona Think Tank