World Language Concentration
Students who enroll in the Liberal Arts Program may select an area of study in which to concentrate. The World Language Concentration prepares students for advanced study at the baccalaureate level and provides an excellent foundation in World Languages and well prepares you as future leaders of the 21st century.
Upon successful completion of the Liberal Arts Program with a Concentration in World Languages, students are expected to:
- Understand the target language in spoken and written form based on the ACTFL (American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages) Performance Descriptors
for Language Learners.
- Speak and write the target language according to the Curriculum Map based on ACTFL Performance Descriptors.
- Demonstrate an understanding of global, cultural, and historical perspectives
- Identify, analyze, and understand complex ideas, and draw inferences from facts.
- Use teamwork to accomplish tasks in groups.
- Study Abroad Program
Explore study abroad opportunities through CCRI and the CCIS (College Consortium of International Studies) Program.
- Find Courses and Online Courses
- Exciting Summer Immersion Program in Italy - Summer 2023 - Explore the unique, personalized and memorable Program directed by Professor Maria C. Mansella - open to college students, professionals and community members. (Future opportunities to explore - coming soon.)
- The Learner's Journey Critical Thinking Courses - Spring 2024 - Harness your limitless talents! To read more from students who have completed this course, please click here: Students' words - The Learner's Journey