Basic Rider Course
NEW - Online Registration Available March 2, 2020!
This Basic Rider Course is for anyone seeking a motorcycle license, this course meets the requirement of the state Motorcycle Rider Safety Course.
It is illegal in Rhode Island to ride a motorcycle without a motorcycle license or permit: DO NOT ride your motorcycle to classes or ranges. CCRI provides all training motorcycles.
- Complete registration in our NEW Online Registration System (courses will be available March 2)
- If you are younger than 18, DO NOT register online. IN-PERSON registration is required with a Minor Release Agreement form and an operator's license.
- If you have an out of state license, you must pay a $100 Out of State License Fee online.
- If you miss your first lecture class, you will be required to re-register and pay the full course fee.
- To request special accommodations, e-mail Anthony Ricci, email@example.com. Student’s disability status information is strictly confidential, and the process may take 7-14 days.
- Each student must successfully attend and complete all 16.5 hours of the course as well as a written and riding skills test. Unsuccessful completion will result in a $60.00 retake. Instructors will provide reschedule forms to sign up online. Second failure will result in retaking the entire course.
- If you do not complete all 16.5 hours successfully within the program year which ends October 31, you must re-register, pay full course fees, and take the entire class again, NO EXCEPTIONS.
- You must apply for your permit at the DMV within six months of receiving your certificate of completion. Once expired, you can take a riding skills retest for $60 (if you have taken the test in the last 12 months). After one year, you must retake the entire course.
- See the DMV website for more information about Motorcycle Licenses.
Program and Safety Requirements
There are specific safety requirements of the Motorcycle Safety Program. Please review and bring the required material.
Please visit the Motorcycle Instructor Resources page for teaching resources.
Workforce ProgramsMore Info
- Bridge to Best Program
- English Language Studies (ELS)
- GED® Testing & Transcripts
- GED® Ready
- Corporate Language Training
- Adult Education Professional Development
CCRI’s Career services Office provides students and alumni with high-quality services, support and resources for successful career planning and superior experiential learning opportunities.
The CCRI Workforce Partnerships Team works in close collaboration with industry and business leaders to ensure the college’s offerings are meeting both current and future workforce needs.
Search for classes within the Division of Workforce Partnerships by submitting the form below.