Scholastic Standing Committee Guidelines for Reinstatement of Students
The Scholastic Standing Committee (SSC) functions as a faculty committee to review
the records of students who have withdrawn from the program for a variety of reasons
to determine the best academic plan for the successful completion of the nursing program.
Students seeking reinstatement into the Nursing Program must apply in writing (electronically
to firstname.lastname@example.org) to the Scholastic Standing Committee Chairperson for consideration by the Scholastic
Standing Committee (SSC). Reinstatement is not automatic and must be approved by the
Scholastic Standing Committee. Priority is given to students who were in good academic
standing at the time of withdrawal or have successfully completed NURS 1030.
Please review your Student Policy Manual for more information.
The deadline to submit letters for the Fall 2017 meeting is December 27th @ 12:00
- The SSC must review the student’s file for the following:
- Student letter requesting reinstatement
- Withdrawal summary sheet
- Clinical evaluations
- Other pertinent data
- Students who leave the nursing program in poor academic standing or as a result of
theoretical or clinical failure must give evidence of change and/or personal growth,
which would promote successful completion of the nursing program.
- In assessing accumulated data, the faculty may determine more information is needed
before a decision concerning appropriate placement in the program may be rendered.
A plan for collecting this needed information may include:
- Written examination in a nursing course or courses
- Demonstration of clinical proficiency in designated nursing skills
- The SSC may:
- Recommend direct readmission
- Require additional coursework
- Recommend that student repeat previous coursework
- Recommend entry into NURS 1030
- Deny readmission
- At the completion of these recommendations, the student must inform the SSC that recommendations
have been met.
- Reinstatement to the nursing program is based on space availability