The purpose of this program is to provide training in drug administration in accordance with the requirements of Section R23-17.9 Rules and Regulations Pertaining to RI Certificates of Registration for Medication Aides, Rhode Island Department of Health.
At the completion of this course the student will:
- Be able to follow written instructions of a licensed health care professional and accurately document on a medication administration record
- Identify the classifications of medications and common effects on the body
- Have the ability to administer medications within the legal scope of allowable practice while working under the supervision of a registered nurse
- High School Diploma or GED
- At least 18 years of age
- Proof of legal residence
- Currently employed as a Licensed CNA, in Active Status
- Letter of Recommendation from a Registered Nurse at current employer stating they will test the student on the Three Technique Evaluation Checklists.
The program is 48 hours in length, three (3) hours twice a week for eight (8) weeks.
Upon registering for the classes students will be required to upload copies of the following: (1) Active CNA License, (2) Proof of Residency and (3) a Letter of Recommendation from a Registered Nurse. The recommendation must be from the student's current place of employment, and the letter must state that the Nurse is willing to test the student on the three skill evaluations required to be licensed as a Medication Aid. Once the required documents are uploaded, the student will be required to email Kerrie Giguere, Coordinator [email protected] stating that the they have completed this step. The documents will then be approved and the student will receive an email to begin registration for a class.
Please read the Registration Instructions PDF before proceeding to register online at the link below.
Next Class: CCRI Providence/Liston Campus
10/17/2023 - Tuesday & Thursday 4:00pm to 7:00pm
If interested in applying for classes not listed above please complete our Program Inquiry Form.
Workforce ProgramsMore Info
CCRI Career Services provides students and alumni with high-quality services, support, and resources for successful career planning and superior experiential learning opportunities.
The CCRI Workforce Partnerships Team works in close collaboration with industry and business leaders to ensure the college’s offerings are meeting both current and future workforce needs.