The Classroom Technology & Media Services team supports faculty and end-user services ranging from the provision of academic tools to providing demonstrations on how to use multimedia devices that are designed to enhance teaching and learning.
Listed below are the various technologies and services that are available on a daily, weekly or semester basis by request. For Media Services inquiries, please call 825-1112 or complete the online Equipment Request Form to reserve equipment.
Faculty and staff who would like to have a 'college-wide' production, special event or keynote speaker recorded to video should contact the Marketing & Communications department at [email protected].
Instructor Produced Audio and Video Projects
Digital still cameras , video camcorders and audio recorders are available for loan to faculty by request to record classroom presentations, lectures or guest speakers. Media Services staff can provide instruction on how to use equipment and advise basic audio-video recording techniques. Audio-video equipment can be reserved by completing the on-line Equipment Request Form.
- Digital audio recorders are available for instructor to record guest lecturers, music events, student speeches and other instructional purposes.
- Digital camcorders are available for loan to faculty by request to record classroom and guest lectures, demonstrations, student speeches and for other instructional purposes.
- Video Recording document cameras (Epson DC-11 with the ArcSoft application) are available to record lab demonstrations and microscope slides.
- TechSmith Relay (lecture capture application) can be used to record the content on your computer along with a voice-over narration.
- Digital still cameras are available for loan to faculty by request to take digital photographs for instructional use.
- Flatbed scanners are available in the Center for Instruction & Technology (CIT) to digitize and preserve tangible documents such as slides, photographs and print-outs.
Instructor produced audio and visual content can be embedded into a PowerPoint presentation, as well as uploaded to Medial, CCRI's media library. The Media Services and Instructional Support teams are available to assist instructors with audio-video script design and digital media processing, uploading, downloading and preservation.
Audiovisual Work Requests
The Media Services team is available to assist instructors with media format transfer, conversions and duplication services for instructional use and college business. Tangible documentation can also be laminated by request. For Media Services inquiries, please call 825-2455 or complete the online Audiovisual Work Request Form for Media Services assistance.
The Department of Classroom Technology - Media Services adheres to CCRI's Intellectual Property Policy. Any instructor requesting the duplication of copyrighted material must secure written copyright clearance from the publisher, vendor or author prior to making a duplication request. Staff will not duplicate copyright materials without copyright clearance.