About the Department & Facilities
By providing a learning environment that values critical thinking, curiosity, objectivity and respect for diversity, the Biology Department seeks to:
- Guide students in the development of an understanding of life science concepts that will enable them to make informed decisions about career, the environment and other areas of human endeavor as responsible, informed members of the community.
- Enable students to acquire skills and habits of mind that allow for safe, accurate, objective and effective scientific inquiry.
- Serve the diverse needs of the community by providing, through an appropriate array of life science courses, opportunities for every student to acquire a solid academic foundation upon which to become successful in his or her pursuit of further education, career and a lifetime of learning.
- Continue to assess the Biology Department curricula in support of the Mission of the College.
- Biology Department
- Community College of Rhode Island
- Knight Campus
- 400 East Avenue
- Warwick, Rhode Island 02886-1807
Telephone for General information
- Knight Campus: 401-825-2340
- Flanagan Campus: 401-333-7188
Telephone for the Labs
- Knight Campus: 401-825-2228
- Flanagan Campus: 401-333-7287
- Liston Campus: 401-455-6083
- Newport Campus: 401-851-1615
Knight Campus Fax: