Skip to Main ContentSearch Site

Frequently Asked Questions

About Admissions

Q. How do I find CCRI Catalog Information?

A. The student catalog is available on the Web here. All requests for Foreign Student Admissions should be directly referred to the Office of Enrollment Services.

Q. How do I find a CCRI Application, a CCRI Catalog, or inquire about the status of my application?

A. The CCRI Application for Admission is available in a printable format here*. The online catalog is available here. You may also call the Office of Enrollment Services to request an admissions application, a catalog, or to inquire into the status of a current application. The Office of Enrollment Services telephone numbers are listed on the OES home page.

Get Adobe Reader*PDF files require Adobe Acrobat Reader to view - Download here

Q. Can I get Transfer Credit for courses I took somewhere else?

A. CCRI does not automatically give credit for courses taken elsewhere. Students entering CCRI who have successfully completed collegiate-level courses at another institution may have their courses evaluated by the Transfer Officer of the Office of Enrollment Services. Please have an official transcript forwarded from the previous institution to::

The Office of Enrollment Services
Community College of Rhode Island
1762 Louisquisset Pike
Lincoln, RI 02865
ATTN: Transfer Officer

Q. How do I transfer my CCRI credit to another College or University?

A. CCRI has Transfer agreements with over 75 schools, nationwide. Transfer planning should begin as early as first semester, freshman year. Transfer entrance requirements vary widely from school to school so you should meet with Advising and Counseling as early and as often as possible. A Transfer Fair & Transfer Days are held each year on each campus and a Transfer Guide For Students is available at the RI Board of Governors for Higher Education web site.

Q. When is the office open?

A. See OES hours here.

Q. What kind of Information can I receive Online (What is MyCCRI)?

A. MyCCRI is CCRI's Web Portal, connecting the college community via the Web to academic resources, administrative services, CCRI news and the Internet at large, all online.

Students can use MyCCRI to register, make payments, check grades, use course tools, send and receive e-mail, create your own personal address book, access and manage your personal, course and school calendars, create, manage and join group homepages for clubs, organizations and committees, view targeted messages, news & events, campus announcements... and much more...

Documentation on how to use MyCCRI is available here »

Q. How do I enroll in a degree or certificate program?

A. When you apply for admission to the Community College of Rhode Island, you will be asked in Question 4 to select a desired program of study (Major). If the major that you request is unavailable, you will be placed into General Studies. Instructions on how to change your major detailed below.

Q. How do I change my Major?

A. For most majors, you may change your major at any time by notifying the Office of Enrollment Services either in person or by mail, or by making an appointment with one of our Admissions Counseling Officers on either campus. If you are changing to a Nursing, Allied and Rehabilitative Health, Dental Health, or Rehabilitative Health major you must submit a Change of Major Form to the Office of Enrollment Services. Change of Major forms are available at all OES branches. OES office hours are listed here. Telephone numbers and directions to OES locations are listed on the OES home page.