Skip to Main ContentSearch Site

Sexual Assault Information

Who to Contact in the Event of a Sexual Assault

Reporting a sexual misconduct to the Campus Police is procedurally the same as reporting to one of the local or state law enforcement agency in the State of Rhode Island. Victims have the same rights when reporting to any local law enforcement agency.

Depending on which campus the incident occurs, we will notify local law enforcement to proceed with the case.

The Community College has Counseling services:

  • Warwick 401-825-2301, hours Mon.-Thu. 8a-7p, Fri. 8a-4p
  • Lincoln 401-333-7160, hours Mon.-Thu. 8a-7p, Fri.8a-4p
  • Providence 401-455-1625, hours Mon.-Tue-Thu.-Fri. 8a-4p, Wed. 8a-7p
  • Newport 401-455-1625, hours Mon.-Tue-Thu.-Fri. 8a-4p, Wed. 8a-7p

The Community College has Health services at 401-825-2103 or email [email protected]. Hours of operation are limited and this should not be considered an emergency contact.

Off campus services include the Women’s Center 401-861-2760 and Rape Crisis Center @ 401-421-4100, both are available 24 hours 7 days a week.

The personnel in these offices can provide advice and counseling, detailed information on health issues and reporting procedures, or referrals to resources off campus.

Confidence in these matters is maintained except when either the security of the campus or the surrounding community is breached. These Campus Police Offices are opened 24 hours 7 days a week. Referrals can be made to off campus agency at any time but for reference to the Community College Counseling and Health services agencies please refer to the following websites or contact the agencies directly.

More information can be found at the website links below: