Responsibility to Inform
Reporting a Crime
It is a shared responsibility of every community member to report crimes on Campus.
What to do:
First contact the Campus Police
- Warwick Campus Police at 401-825-2109
- Lincoln Campus Police at 401-333-7035
- Providence Campus Police at 401-455-6050
- Newport Campus Police at 401-851-1620
The individual answering the phone will request the following information. Any information is useful, so do not hesitate to call if you can assist Campus Police with a particular incident.
- A good description of the culprit including height, weight, color of hair and eyes, clothes and direction of travel.
- Vehicle information including make and model, color, and license plate.
- Number of persons involved
- Date and time of incident
- Details about the crime
» Do not handle, touch or remove evidence
» Remove yourself from the crime scene if it's unsafe
» Remain calm
A college police officer will interview you further to complete the investigation. Some crimes will require the presence and collaboration of the local law enforcement agency.
Any person who is a victim of a crime on campus may request the local law enforcement agency be notified of an incident. This does not mean that the other agency will respond to the scene of the incident.