Collegiate DECA 2020
Several of our Collegiate DECA students placed among the top at the annual DECA Northeast Regional Competition held at Johnson & Wales University on February 7.
Students registered for competitive events in one of the following different industry tracks: Marketing Communications, Sales Manager Meeting, Marketing Management, Entrepreneurship Operations, and Fashion Merchandising. Before the competition, they took a comprehensive online exam in their topic area. At the competition, they participated in either a role-play business simulation or a case study, presenting their findings to judges comprised of various industry professionals.
Here are the results:
- Isabelle Azize and Sean Patrick Lenihan, 2nd place in the Marketing Communications team case study
- Juanita Meunier, 1st place Sales Manager Meeting (combined exam & case study)
- Austin O’Meara, 3rd place Sales Manager Meeting (combined exam & case study)
- Daniel Carignan, 3rd place Marketing Management (combined exam & case study)
- Angie Escalante, 1st place in Sales Manager Meeting Role Play
The following students also successfully competed: Enma Velasquez in Marketing Management, Andrew Sok in Entrepreneurship Operations, and Alea Campagnone, in Fashion Merchandising. Top winners in this competition had earned the opportunity to go onto Atlanta, GA, in April to compete in the DECA International Career Development Conference.