About Collegiate DECA
Collegiate DECA membership is an essential resource for the future marketing, management and entrepreneurial professionals. Collegiate DECA is a national organization for college students preparing for careers in marketing, management and entrepreneurship. Its local chapters and state/provincial associations are a division of National DECA, Inc. Collegiate DECA is currently active throughout the U.S. and Canada.
Activities promoted by Collegiate DECA integrate with and enhance the student's college curriculum. In addition, the organization's close ties with the business community provide both opportunities for members and an appreciation of the free enterprise system.
- nurture competent, entrepreneurial, self-reliant, cooperative leadership in the fields of marketing, management and entrepreneurship.
- help students make informed career choices
- foster high ethical standards in business
- encourage business activity that demonstrates civic, social and moral responsibility
- increase understanding of and appreciation for the system of free enterprise
Students develop a plan of work that includes attending conferences, fundraising, community service and preparing for competitive events at both the regional and national level.
As a member of Collegiate DECA, you will have opportunities to attend The Collegiate Leadership Academy in the Fall and the International Career Development Conference in the Spring.
Demonstrate your scholastic ability as it relates to Marketing, Management, Entrepreneurship and other Business areas in competitive events and receive national recognition.
Develop your leadership potential through seminars and assuming positions at the chapter, state and national level.
Meet over 2500 other Collegiate DECA Members throughout the world at Regional and National Conferences. Network with potential employers through National Advisory Board (NAB) companies.