Summer Session 2 begins Tuesday, July 6 with REMOTE COURSES that contain the same content as on-campus offerings. Communication and Film/Media classes will be taught through Blackboard with enhanced learning from a variety of other creative, educational and social platforms.
All students will NEED the following technologies:
- Computer (PC/Mac) with a strong internet connection
- Webcam and microphone (built-in or external)
- Microsoft Word (The Office package can be downloaded from the student email account or students can use the app through their email.)
- Ability to record audio and video (for COMM 1100: Public Speaking and COMM 1010: Communication Fundamentals)
COMM 1000 students will NEED the following:
- Camera and mic *see document below
- Computer for editing * see document below
- Refer to this document for details
The Communication and Film/Media program prepares students to communicate effectively and ethically across a variety of contexts and platforms. Through practical, hands-on training, students learn to create and present evidence-based research, produce professional quality media and content, and understand mass media’s role in global communication.
- Communicate effectively and ethically, both spoken and written, in a variety of context and across a variety of platforms
- Produce professional quality media that informs, persuades, or inspires an audience
- Create evidence-based research, orally or in written form, using numerical and data analytic displays
Areas of Study
The Communication concentration of CCRI’s associate of arts degree in communication and Film/Media develops students’ abilities to present messages appropriate to the audience, purpose and context. Students will learn to create, examine and analyze messages, engaging in the practical application of journalistic skills such as researching, interviewing, writing and editing.
The Film/Media concentration of CCRI’s associate of arts degree in Communication and Film/Media offers practical training in the foundational skills of video, audio and media production, critical studies, writing and rhetoric. Whether creating content for traditional or new media platforms, students will gain an understanding of how to craft and communicate a message from pre-production through post-production.
- New Media Production Certificate
- New Media Post Production Certificate
- New Media Media Studies Certificate
- New Media Media Communication Certificate