Jonathan A. Dorn
- Assistant Professor
- : (401) 825-
- : Warwick
- : 3210
- : [email protected]
Jon Dorn is a filmmaker and educator whose work focuses on conventional storytelling
forms like narrative fiction film, documentary, music video, animation, and comics.
His work explores the inner lives of well-developed characters through compelling
narrative, visual craft, allegory, and imagination.
He is Assistant Professor of Communication and Film/Media at Community College of Rhode Island, and has also taught media production at Emerson College, Bridgewater State University, and Cambridge Community Television. Jon is a freelance cinematographer and editor; he produces/directs commercial and independent film work with his production company Four String Films and holds an MFA in media art from Emerson College.
His work can be viewed at fourstringfilms.com.
Mondays 12-2 via Zoom
MFA Media Art, Emerson College
BA, Psychology, minor Studio Art, Skidmore College
- COMM-1000 Foundations of Video and Audio Production*
- COMM-1005 Careers in Comm & Film*
- COMM-1050 Mass Media Foundations
- ENGL-2310 Intro to Screenwriting
- COMM-2310 Sound Design & Production
- COMM-2350 Motion Graphics for Communication
- COMM-2300 Video & Media Editing
- COMM-2100 Studio Production*
- FILM-2210 Film Theory
- FILM-2204 History of Film I*
- FILM-2205 History of Film II
- COMM-2490 Field Experience*
- COMM-2500 Capstone Portfolio*
*Teaching Fall 2023
Areas of Expertise
Film and media production, cinematography, directing, editing, screenwriting, animation, motion graphics; visual art; mass media history and theory.
Additional Information (Links)
Manager: Comm/Film Equipment Center & Edit Lab