Skip to Main ContentSearch Site

Student Employment FAQ

  1. How can I get a job on campus? You may check for available positions by visiting /careerservices/jobs/handshake.html. You must contact the supervisor and set up an interview. The supervisor will then complete all the appropriate paperwork to authorize a student for employment. All student employees must be processed for employment through the Financial Aid Office prior to starting work. No student should begin working prior to an official approval from their supervisor.
  2. Are there off-campus positions available? You may check for available off-campus positions by visiting /careerservices/jobs/handshake.html. These positions are located with non-profit organizations. You must contact the Career and Internship Office if you are interested in applying for one of these positions.
  3. What are the required forms for student employment? These forms are all available for download in the Quick links to the right or click here to go the list of forms .
  4. What forms of identification are required? Please view the List of Acceptable Documents.
  5. Do international students have to have a social security number? Yes, International students must obtain a social security number before payroll will issue a paycheck.
  6. How many credits must I be registered for in order to qualify for student employment? Students must be registered for at least six credits, maintain continuous enrollment, and make satisfactory academic progress.
  7. How do I know if I am eligible for Federal Work Study or CCRI Student Help? Your supervisor should complete all required forms and send to the Financial Aid Office, to determine your eligibility.
  8. Once the supervisor has completed my paperwork, what do I do with it? In order for the student to be paid, the supervisor must submit the all required documents to the Financial Aid Office, for student employment consideration. The Financial Aid Office will forward the paperwork to payroll.
  9. Can I drop off my student employment authorization? No, all authorization must be completed online. 
  10. Can I drop off my time-sheet to the Payroll Office? No, you must record your time online.
  11. How many hours can I work per week  students may only work a maximum of 15 hours per week. For those students working during the summer and break periods, you may work up to but may not exceed 15 hours per week if funding is available.
  12. If I am on academic probation, can I apply for student employment? Yes, however, you will only be authorized to work for one semester. If your status has changed to Academically Ineligible after final grades, you will be ineligible to continue working.

Online Student Employment Forms