"CCRI students and alumni demonstrate perseverance every day by achieving personal and professional goals no matter what- for us, that's GRIT."
-Toni McGuire '75, President Alumni Association
Ret. President CEO, Edward M. Kennedy Community Health Center
We are 80,000 alumni strong, and we are at the center of Rhode Island’s economy as entrepreneurs and business leaders; nurses and healthcare professionals; educators and community changemakers. The largest community college in New England, we are also on a path to be the best. While each of us has our own CCRI story, we are connected by shared experience, drive and opportunity. Today’s students are finding their own path, and you, our alumni, have paved the way for their success.
Our Alumni Association is led by a dedicated group of volunteers, our Alumni Association Assembly. This group works closely with CCRI's Foundation Board of Trustees, President Hughes, and our Foundation team to build programs and experiences that invigorate and enliven our student, alumni and state experience – with a goal to provide critical resources for CCRI students and alumni.
- Antonia "Toni" McGuire MPH '75, President - Ret. President and CEO
Edward M. Kennedy Community Health Center
- Thomas W. Quinlan Jr. '96, Treasurer - Vice President, Commercial Lending
- Mariela Lucaj '18, Chair, Alumni Diversity Council - Crisis Travel Nurse, Cross Country Nurses
Alumni Association Assembly
- Mayor Maria Rivera '99 - Mayor, Central Falls, Rhode Island
- Ezenwayi Amaechi Ph.D. '03 - Assistant Professor,
Johnson & Wales University
- Senator Sandra Cano '04 - RI Senator, District 8,
AVP, Community Development
Navigant Credit Union
- Kathleen "Kathy" Charbonneau '83 - Vice President, Director of Community Relations
- David Chy '13 - Director,
Office of the President, National Wildlife Federation
- Jason Doyle '10 - Vice President, Portfolio Management
Bank of America Private Bank
- Adam Arabian '06 - Vice President, Consumer Cards, Goldman Sachs
- Lawrence "Larry" Gemma '77 -President,
Gem Plumbing & Heating Inc.
- Sharen Gleckman '80 - Ret. Providence School Department
- Jennie Johnson '97 - Executive Director,
City Year Providence
- Malida Khim '19 - Senior Corporate Social Responsibility Specialist,
- Joshua Klemp '04 - State Director,
- Lisa Miranda '02 - Director of Operations and Marketing
PJM Home Inspections
- Alexandra "Allie" Curtis '18 - Deputy Public Affairs Officer, Field Artillery Officer, Rhode Island National Guard
- Marjorie "Margie" H. Martiesian '66 - Ret. Providence School Teacher
- Sondra Pitts '66 - Retired Educator, Cranston Public Schools
- Lou Saccoccio Jr '68 - General Council, URI
- David P. Tikoian '89 - Councilman, Smithfield Town Council
- Kinzel Thomas '10 - Clinical Supervisor,
Family Service of Rhode Island
- Pieter Van Sciver '00 - Director, Talent Solutions, Placement
- Jeffrey Wright Jr. '08 - Scholar Support Specialist
Blackstone Valley Prep Mayoral Academy
Ex-Officio Assembly Members
- Robert G. Gondola
Campus Leader - Flanagan, Associate Vice President, Institutional Advancement and College Relations
Community College of Rhode Island
- Meghan Hughes Ph.D.
Community College of Rhode Island
Your Gift to our Alumni Annual Fund Supports:
Alumni Association Book Award
Provides financial support for books and supplies to students, enrolled in a degree or certificate program at CCRI. Eligible students have successfully completed 12 credits at CCRI with a minimum GPA of 2.5
Alumni Association Scholarship
Supports students engaged in college and community activities with financial aid. Eligible students have successfully completed more than 30 credits at CCRI and have a 2.5 GPA or higher.
Alumni Special Circumstances Fund
Support a student through unexpected financial emergencies.
Make a gift today here.
CCRI Alumni Association Benefits
On Campus Facilities and Services:
Library Access - Bring your Rhode Island license or a picture ID for the use of the resources available at any CCRI library. This includes borrowing privileges.
Knight Campus and Flanagan Campus Field House Fitness Center, gymnasium and pool - Bring the address label from your Green & White magazine for admission, or contact
the Alumni Office.
Are you interested in connecting with CCRI alumni and students? Our Alumni Association members bring their energy, enthusiasm and skills to support our Foundation fundraising and engagement efforts in support of CCRI students. Email us at [email protected] to learn more about our volunteer opportunities.