IMPORTANT MESSAGE for Health Science Program Students
I understand that a completed COVID series plus booster dose and influenza vaccination is required prior to final acceptance into a health science program.
A histotechnician is an individual who is trained in the preparation and staining of tissue slides for microscopic examination and disease diagnosis by the pathologist. Histotechnicians may be employed in a variety of areas, such as operating rooms, clinics, doctors' offices, research, veterinary pathology, marine biology and forensic pathology. Histotechnicians may preserve organs for later examination, perform enzyme biochemistry of electron microscopy. Histotechnicians may also assist the pathologist in the preparation of frozen tissue sections which are used to provide rapid diagnosis. This is a two-year program offering an Associate in Applied Science (AAS) Degree at the Liston Campus Only. National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS), 5600 N. River Rd. Suite 720, Rosemont, IL 60018. Tel (773) 714-8880.
The Mission of the Histotechnician Program is to prepare students with entry-level knowledge, application, and problem-solving skills to completely and safely perform histological procedures and function as an active member of the healthcare team
**IMPORTANT MESSAGE from the CCRI Histotechnician Program
If you are planning to apply during the February 2022 application period, a completed COVID series and current Influenza vaccination is required for all health science students.
Admission Guidelines Frequently Asked Questions Apply Now
Upon completion from the Histotechnician Program, graduates will:
- Be skilled in current practice as entry-level histotechnicians.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Demonstrate the ability to think critically and solve problems in a clinical setting.
- Act as ethical and responsible members of the healthcare team.
NAACLS National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences - See Histology accreditation information
Rosemarie Tavares-Proulx, CT, HT(ASCP)
Maddie Josephs, MS, MLS(ASCP), Program Director
- Programmatic Outcomes Data
- Occupational Outlook
- American Society for Clinical Pathology
- National Society for Histotechnology
- Technical Standards
From the Catalog
- General Policies for Health Sciences
- Program of Study Information
- Course Descriptions - for online versions, see Available Courses