You built your business. We'll help you grow it.
Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses is an investment to help small businesses grow and create jobs by providing them with greater access to education, capital, and business support services. To date, over 400 in Rhode Island & more than 12,800 business owners have graduated from the program across all 50 states, Washington, D.C., and Puerto Rico.
Through the program, you will gain practical skills across topics such as financial statements negotiation, marketing, and employee management, and gain the tools to develop a customized business plan for growth—for free.
Hear From Our Alumni
"The Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses program has been a game changer for my business. With the growth opportunity I put together, in addition to the networking & resources that were made available, we will reach our growth goals in a fraction of the time that it would have taken."
– Michael Garretson, Sea and Land Yacht Works, Narragansett, RI
"Even though we are a mature business, the Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Business program helped us get a fresh perspective on our approach to growth. Plus, the alumni networking and additional programming is also stellar."
– Jeanette Palmer, NAIL Communications, Providence, RI
"The GS10KSB made me think about the future in a way I would never had on my own. Thank you!"
– Michael Leshinsky, Leshinsky Finance LLC, Cranston, RI
"10KSB gave me the knowledge and guidance to help clean up some procedures and prepare an exit strategy for me. I was able to maximize the value of my business and sell it two years later. Now to take that knowledge for my next project!"
– Michael Silva, FOUNDATION performance, Pawtucket, RI
"GS10KSB has taught me additional factors to analyze as I make managerial and strategic decisions for my business. From market, financial and operational analysis to the best marketing campaign, 10kSB has prepared me to analyze all of the factors that will drive my businesses success!"
– Julie Sylvestre, Grey Ledge Medical Management, Smithfield, RI
"Incredible insights into the nuts and bolts of growing a business. Not to be missed!"
– Gregg Perry, The Perry Group, LLC, Providence, RI
"The 10KSB program at CCRI has pushed me FAR out of my comfort zone and helped me to realize the potential the business has. With their support the future of The Backstop looks bright!"
– Zeena Barbarita, Backstop Softball LLC, Warwick, RI
"It is an amazing program. The best it could happen to a Small Business Owner! Thank you Goldman Sachs! "
– Sam Shanbhag, Spice Kraft Inc, Cranston, RI
"One year after completing the Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses program, we went from a food truck to a brick & mortar location and created 12 new jobs."
– Josh Burgoyne, Ming's Asian Street Food, Pawtucket, RI
"The business education I received allowed me to reframe and reposition Orange Square as experts in bringing clarity to changing brands. This new perspective opened new business opportunities that led to starting a second company. I highly recommend this program to any growth-minded small business!"
– Kristine Merz, Orange Square, Pawtucket, RI
"The growth plan I developed with Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses worked! Our agency has grown from a $2.5 million operating budget in 2019 to an almost $8 million budget today."
– Vanessa Volz, Sojourner House, Providence, RI
"The growth plan I developed with Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses consisted of having our products sold at Lowe’s Home Improvement stores. About one year after completing the program, I landed the meeting that I needed, and our products were rolled out to about 300 Lowe’s stores during the next year."
–Kristen Healy, Michael Healy Designs, Lincoln, RI
"The Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses program has been instrumental to our growth path. A year and a half after graduating, we purchased a new, larger location and doubled our revenues."
– Christine West, Kite Architects, Providence, RI
"10KSB opened new opportunities for me. Professional networking, expert business advice, implementation of new strategies for growth and financial success are just some of the many benefits."
– Candida Castillo, Aesthetic Dental Studio of RI, North Providence, RI
"10KSB helped me reshape my business using the tools I learned. Today, I have doubled my staff, revenues are up, and I am making plans to expand."
– Javier Brown, O2J Inc., Pawtucket, RI
"10KSB gave me the confidence and the foundation to survive the pandemic"
– Minnie Luong, Chi Kitchen Foods, Pawtucket, RI
"10KSB gave me the confidence and the resources to move my business forward. It was an invaluable experience, and the faculty and staff was phenomenal. I can't recommend this program enough."
– Stephanie Ewens, Stephanie Ewens Photography, East Providence, RI
"10KSB introduced me to an amazing group of individuals that helped me think about my business in ways I never imagined."
– Burton Huntoon, Providence Braid Company, Pawtucket, RI
"This new experience has completely changed my own perception of my business in a positive way. I am excited to serve my clients better."
– Bacary Diatta, Kassumay LLC, Warren, RI
"This program was truly life altering and has been an incredible impact on A Wish Come True, Inc. So valuable for all nonprofits to go through."
– Mary-Kate O'Leary, A Wish Come True, Inc., Warwick, RI
"10KSB has given us the tools to kick our business into a higher gear, and we couldn't be more grateful for the opportunity to participate in the cohort and the national community!"
- Alex Bouthillier, Oyster Farm Productions, Providence, RI
"This has been an incredible opportunity! I am so grateful!!"
– Liz Barrett, Barrett's Garden, Pawtucket, RI
"The 10KSB program helped me learn a different perspective with resolving issues in my business and becoming a lot more organized with strategy and growth."
– Ashley Vingi, Ascension Nxt, Warwick, RI
"It is the best Educational Experience I've had as an Adult Student thus far. My business was in better shape before the program was completed."
– Evelyn Guillen, eGuillen-Services LLC, Providence, RI
"10KSB has been invaluable"
– Ricardo Blancas, La Lupita, Providence, RI
"Bravo Charlie Delta has been in business for 20 years. Graduating from 10KSB marks the the transition from being IN business to being A business. BCD 2.0!"
– Josh Backer, Bravo Charlie Delta, Kingston, RI
"This program is life changing. Time is a precious resource and as small business leaders we need to invest in ourselves and our work. Taking the time to step out of the day to day so I could work on my business was a tremendous investment and worth every moment."
– Beth Cunha, Center For Dynamic Learning, Inc., Providence, RI
"'Never say never' with 10KSB"
– Katie Potter, Newport Chowder Company, Newport, RI
"This program challenged me in ways I never imagined and helped me overcome personal obstacles. I am so excited to put all that I learned into practice and watch our business flourish!!"
– Tracey Lawrence, The Veiled Crow, Cranston, RI
"The 10KSB program has been life changing. I am amazed by the amount of work we have already completed for our business during the course and how prepared I feel for the work we have ahead of us."
– Emily Smith, Roots Physical Therapy + Yoga, Providence, RI
"Phenomenal learning experience and rapid business growth execution"
– Heidi H Howard, ESHI Builders, LLC, Portsmouth, RI
"10KSB has really helped me grow into a leadership role in my business. I have the tools I need to create a positive culture for my employees while building and growing my business."
– Nesha Kingston, Eagle Eye Post Construction Services, LLC, Johnston, RI
"I should've done it sooner!"
– Gloria Chacon, Green View Tree Service, LLC, Cranston, RI
"My experience in 10KSB changed me as a business owner, and I'm so grateful for the opportunity to participate in this amazing program."
– Rebecca Ernst, Pivotal Brewing Company, Bristol, RI
"Completing the program was a game-changer for me and my business. Since completing the program, my business has seen a 50% increase in revenue, & we've been able to reach new markets. I've also formed lasting relationships with fellow business owners who continue to support & inspire me. I highly recommend this program to any entrepreneur looking to grow their business and achieve their goals."
– Akos Antwi, Revive Therapeutic Services, Providence, RI
"10KSB has been one of the best gifts I have given to myself in life, it has helped me work through fears, build confidence and realize that I am in the right place on my journey and build excitement to take my business to the next level."
– Savannah Barkley, Sir Milk Quartz, West Warwick, RI
"This experience has been a million dollar one. This will change the trajectory of the entire future of my company. Thank you for this gift."
– Nicole Quigley, Family Behavior Solutions, Rumford, RI
"This program changed my approach to my business FOREVER!"
– Meredith McBride, Indigo Digital Co., Barrington, RI
"The best program that I could ever conceive of attending to take my practice to the next level."
– Jeff Corey, Healing Paws, Providence, RI
"I am so excited to have been a part of Cohort 18. The wealth of knowledge I gained to grow my business is unparalleled."
– Bruce Messier, Butler & Messier Inc., Pawtucket, RI
"The Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Business Program was an incredible opportunity for me, my business partner Julie Sanfilippo, and our business. I am confident that we now have the tools and resources needed to strategically grow our business and create two new jobs over the next three years."
– Erika Twohig, Cedar House LLC, Riverside, RI
"This program has been extremely helpful to me and my company now and for my future. It has certainly opened my eyes to many aspects to running my business."
– Ron Stevenson Jr, South County Architecture & Design, Inc, Jamestown, RI
"The program has been an amazing journey for me and Anchor Physical Therapy. The connections, material and potential for growth has no bounds. Highly recommend."
– Mark Torok, Anchor Physical Therapy, Wakefield, RI
"Participating in the program was the best decision I have made in the 15 years of business ownership. This experience provided me the skills and tools I need to manage, grow and steer my business for the next 15 years in order to execute my exit strategy. I will desperately miss seeing my fellow scholars and am already looking for the next opportunity to be together. Thank you so very much 10KSB for this life changing opportunity!"
– Jennie Allen, Allen Creative Group, Inc, Sutton, MA
"A one time opportunity, life changing experience! Thank you."
– Alejandra Ruelas, Casa Azul Taqueria, Providence, RI
"As a future second generation owner, the 10KSB curriculum, teachers, and scholars gave me the knowledge, confidence, and tools to grow my family business and legacy."
– Kevin OBrien, Exquisite Events, Narragansett, RI
Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses is designed for business owners who have a business poised for growth. We look for applicants who are passionate about growing their business, creating jobs in their communities and who generally meet these criteria:
- Owner or co-owner of a Rhode Island based business.
- Business in operation for at least two years.
- Business revenues of more than $75,000 in the most recent fiscal year.
- Business with a minimum of two employees (including the owner).
10KSB In the News!
Across the U.S., 10,000 Small Businesses graduates are increasing their revenues and creating new jobs in their communities:
- 96% completion Rate
- 66% reported increasing revenues just 6 mo. after graduating
- 44% reported creating new jobs just 6 mo. after graduating
- 85% are doing business with eachother
Applicants selected for the education program will receive a world-class business education & connections to a professional support network at no cost. If you’re a small business owner interested in taking your business to the next level, visit 10KSBapply.com.