You built your business. We'll help you grow it.
Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses provides business education, support services and pathways to capital for growth-oriented entrepreneurs. Participants gain practical skills to take their business to the next level, with topics like financial statements, negotiations, and marketing. Participants develop an actionable growth plan for their business with the help of advisors and a network of like-minded entrepreneurs.
The program is free for participants and delivered in partnership with academic institutions across the country. To date, Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses has served over 12,800 businesses in all 50 states, Washington D.C. and Puerto Rico.
See what our alumni are saying!
"The Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses program has been a game changer for my business. With the growth opportunity I put together, in addition to the networking & resources that were made available, we will reach our growth goals in a fraction of the time that it would have taken."
– Michael Garretson, Sea and Land Yacht Works, Narragansett, RI
"Even though we are a mature business, the Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Business program helped us get a fresh perspective on our approach to growth. Plus, the alumni networking and additional programming is also stellar."
– Jeanette Palmer, NAIL Communications, Providence, RI
"The GS10KSB made me think about the future in a way I would never had on my own. Thank you!"
– Michael Leshinsky, Leshinsky Finance LLC, Cranston, RI
"10KSB gave me the knowledge and guidance to help clean up some procedures and prepare an exit strategy for me. I was able to maximize the value of my business and sell it two years later. Now to take that knowledge for my next project!"
– Michael Silva, FOUNDATION performance, Pawtucket, RI
"GS10KSB has taught me additional factors to analyze as I make managerial and strategic decisions for my business. From market, financial and operational analysis to the best marketing campaign, 10kSB has prepared me to analyze all of the factors that will drive my businesses success!"
– Julie Sylvestre, Grey Ledge Medical Management, Smithfield, RI
"Incredible insights into the nuts and bolts of growing a business. Not to be missed!"
– Gregg Perry, The Perry Group, LLC, Providence, RI
"The 10KSB program at CCRI has pushed me FAR out of my comfort zone and helped me to realize the potential the business has. With their support the future of The Backstop looks bright!"
– Zeena Barbarita, Backstop Soft LLC, Warwick, RI
"It is an amazing program. The best it could happen to a Small Business Owner! Thank you Goldman Sachs! "
– Sam Shanbhag, Spice Kraft Inc, Cranston, RI
"One year after completing the Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses program, we went from a food truck to a brick & mortar location and created 12 new jobs."
– Josh Burgoyne, Ming's Asian Street Food, Pawtucket, RI
"The business education I received allowed me to reframe and reposition Orange Square as experts in bringing clarity to changing brands. This new perspective opened new business opportunities that led to starting a second company. I highly recommend this program to any growth-minded small business!"
– Kristine Merz, Orange Square, Pawtucket, RI
"The growth plan I developed with Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses worked! Our agency has grown from a $2.5 million operating budget in 2019 to an almost $8 million budget today."
– Vanessa Volz, Sojourner House, Providence, RI
""The growth plan I developed with Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses consisted of having our products sold at Lowe’s Home Improvement stores. About one year after completing the program, I landed the meeting that I needed, and our products were rolled out to about 300 Lowe’s stores during the next year." "
–Kristen Healy, Michael Healy Designs, Lincoln, RI
"The Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses program has been instrumental to our growth path. A year and a half after graduating, we purchased a new, larger location and doubled our revenues."
– Christine West, Kite Architects, Providence, RI
"10KSB opened new opportunities for me. Professional networking, expert business advice, implementation of new strategies for growth and financial success are just some of the many benefits."
– Candida Castillo, Aesthetic Dental Studio of RI, North Providence, RI
"10KSB helped me reshape my business using the tools I learned. Today, I have doubled my staff, revenues are up, and I am making plans to expand."
– Javier Brown, O2J Inc., Pawtucket, RI
"10KSB gave me the confidence and the foundation to survive the pandemic"
– Minnie Luong, Chi Kitchen Foods, Pawtucket, RI
"10KSB gave me the confidence and the resources to move my business forward. It was an invaluable experience, and the faculty and staff was phenomenal. I can't recommend this program enough."
– Stephanie Ewens, Stephanie Ewens Photography, East Providence, RI
"10KSB introduced me to an amazing group of individuals that helped me think about my business in ways I never imagined."
– Burton Huntoon, Providence Braid Company, Pawtucket, RI
"This new experience has completely changed my own perception of my business in a positive way. I am excited to serve my clients better."
– Bacary Diatta, Kassumay LLC, Warren, RI
"This program was truly life altering and has been an incredible impact on A Wish Come True, Inc. So valuable for all nonprofits to go through."
– Mary-Kate O'Leary, A Wish Come True, Inc., Warwick, RI
"10KSB has given us the tools to kick our business into a higher gear, and we couldn't be more grateful for the opportunity to participate in the cohort and the national community!"
- Alex Bouthillier, Oyster Farm Productions, Providence, RI
"This has been an incredible opportunity! I am so grateful!!"
– Liz Barrett, Barrett's Garden, Pawtucket, RI
"The 10KSB program helped me learn a different perspective with resolving issues in my business and becoming a lot more organized with strategy and growth."
– Ashley Vingi, Ascension Nxt, Warwick, RI
"It is the best Educational Experience I've had as an Adult Student thus far. My business was in better shape before the program was completed."
– Evelyn Guillen, eGuillen-Services LLC, Providence, RI
"10KSB has been invaluable"
– Ricardo Blancas, La Lupita, Providence, RI
Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses is designed for business owners who have a business poised for growth. We look for applicants who are passionate about growing their business, creating jobs in their communities and who generally meet these criteria:
- Owner or co-owner of a Rhode Island based business.
- Business in operation for at least two years.
- Business revenues of more than $75,000 in the most recent fiscal year.
- Business with a minimum of two employees (including the owner).
10KSB In the News!
Across the U.S., 10,000 Small Businesses graduates are increasing their revenues and creating new jobs in their communities:
- 96% completion Rate
- 66% reported increasing revenues just 6 mo. after graduating
- 44% reported creating new jobs just 6 mo. after graduating
- 85% are doing business with eachother
Applicants selected for the education program will receive a world-class business education & connections to a professional support network at no cost. If you’re a small business owner interested in taking your business to the next level, visit 10KSBapply.com.