Summer Financial Aid 2020 Summer Sessions I & II
The Financial Aid Office will be reviewing student eligibility based on 2019-2020 FAFSA and enrollment status for the summer term. This will be determined by the unmet need and remaining amount of Pell Grant and/or Loans from the previous fall 2019 and/or spring 2020 terms.
In order to qualify for summer 2020 financial aid students must meet the following:
- Have a completed 2019-2020 financial aid file and a 2020-2021 FAFSA on file
- Be enrolled in an eligible degree or certificate program
- Maintaining Satisfactory Academic Progress at the end of the spring term*
- Have not utilized maximum financial aid eligibility for the 2019-2020 award year (Pell and Direct Loans)
- Be enrolled in at least 6 credits for most financial aid programs (Pell may be an exception based on your EFC. You may be eligible even if registered less than ½ time if you are a part-time student during fall and/or spring.)
Registration for summer courses begins April 13, 2020.
The Financial Aid Office recommends that you register for both sessions (Summer I and Summer II) at the same time in order to ensure an accurate financial aid award.
Full time 12 credits or more
¾ time 9-11 credits
½ time 6-8 credits
<½ time 1-5 credits
Pell – Students enrolled for both fall and spring and received full Pell (12 credits each term) will qualify for summer Pell if they are enrolled 6 credits in the combination of Summer 1 and Summer II. Students who were full time during fall and spring will not be eligible for any summer Pell grant if they take only one course, or are enrolled less than half time.
Students registered for fewer credits than full-time for either fall, spring or both terms may have some remaining eligibility left for summer 2020.
**On a funds-available basis, Pell recipients will be awarded supplemental funds to assist with the costs of two summer courses plus a book allowance.
|Pell EFC = 0 Student Enrolled Full Time Both Fall/Spring|
|Fall Award: Full Time||3098|
|Spring Award: Full Time||3097|
|Summer Award: Full Time||3097|
|Summer Award: 3/4 time||2323|
|Summer Award: 1/2 time||1549|
|Summer Award: less than 1/2 time||0|
|Pell EFC = 0 Student Enrolled Less Than Full Time During Fall/Spring|
|Fall Award: 1/2 time||1549|
|Spring Award: 1/2 time||1549|
|Summer Award: (full time)||3097|
|Summer Award (3/4 time)||2323|
|Summer Award (1/2 time)||1549|
|Summer Award (less than 1/2 time)||774|
Summer Accelerator Scholarship
The CCRI Summer Accelerator is a summer scholarship program designed to support current students in continuing their education and making faster progress toward degree attainment. The program will cover up to the remaining costs associated with tuition, fees and a book allowance for students to take two courses after other grants aid scholarships have been utilized. Funds are limited in availability , and eligible students will be reviewed on a rolling, first-come, first-awarded basis. Awards will be processed upon review of summer registered courses and receipt of the 2020-2021 FAFSA.
Please note Summer Accelerator is available for both Summer 1 and Summer 2 sessions during 2020!
To be considered, a student must:
- Be a resident of Rhode Island
- Be currently enrolled in a degree or certificate program at CCRI
- Not be a spring 2020 graduate
- Be maintaining Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Have demonstrated initial progress toward a degree (evidence by 12+ credits earned to date)
- Be enrolled in two courses (minimum of 6 credits*) Students requiring only one course to graduate during summer 2020 do not have to meet the 6 credit minimum.
- Have completed both the 2019-2020 and, unless graduating during summer 2020, the 2020-2021 FAFSA
- Include a copy of current degree evaluation that show registered summer courses required for program completion; available here: https://www.ccri.edu/oes/runadegreeevaluation.html
- Have an EFC of $30,000 or below, and be ineligible for a Federal Pell Grant (Pell eligible students qualify for other federal and state assistance programs)
Click here to apply! Applications must be submitted to the Financial Aid office by May 10, 2020.
Direct Federal Loans
Direct loans are available based on dependency status and grade level. Students must be enrolled at least half time (6 credits.) Students who have already borrowed the maximum loan amounts for the fall and spring terms will not have any remaining loan eligibility for the summer term. For more information on Direct Loan eligibility please visit /oes/fa/studentloaninformation.html.
The College will have limited funding and limited positions available for Student Employment during summer 2020. Positions will be offered in student centered offices only.
Other Helpful Links
- Outside Scholarship Opportunities
- Consortium Agreement
- Web Resources
- Withdrawal from College
- Veterans Information
- Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Glossary of Terms
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Terms and Conditions
- Submitting Tax Information
- Pell Calculator
- Net Price Calculator
- Code of Conduct
- Private Educational Loans