Learn How to Apply
- An International Student applicant?
- A Running Start applicant?
- High School Enrichment applicant?
- HS/CCRI Partnership participant?
- Interested in a Health and Rehabilitative Sciences program?
NOTE: Individuals interested in Health and Rehabilitative Sciences are strongly encouraged to attend an information session.
Whether you are a recent high school graduate or have been away from the classroom for many years, you will not feel alone at the Community College of Rhode Island. CCRI has an open admissions policy giving everyone who applies a chance to pursue higher education. We encourage you to attend an information session to become familiar with how we can help you change your life and achieve you dreams.
- Fill out application for enrollment
- Attend Information Session (recommended)
- Transfer credits to CCRI (if applicable)
- Apply for financial aid (optional)
- Complete ACCUPLACER testing
- Attend Freshman Registration
- Attend New Student Orientation
- Pay tuition and fees
Apply Now for Classes Starting in 2014
- Spring semester begins in January
- Summer semesters begin in May and July
- Fall semester begins in September
PLEASE NOTE: The APPLY ONLINE option is no longer available for students applying into a certificate or degree program for the spring/January 2014 semester. The APPLY BY PAPER application option is available for non-degree modular courses offered in the spring/January 2014 semester. Students applying for summer and fall 2014 semesters will receive an official acceptance letter starting in February 2014. Online applications for the spring 2015 semester will not be available until April 1, 2014.
$20 application fee is waived when you apply online!
This is a secure online application.
Important Note for Online Applicants
The online application process requires that you submit your Social Security number as part of the application process.
You may begin the application process online and return to it if you do not have all the information that you need or enough time to complete it. You will create a unique username and PIN to initiate your application. You will use these to return to an incomplete application right where you left off. It is advisable, however, to complete the application in one session.
Information You Will Need to Complete an Online Application
(Items in bold are required)
- Name: first name, middle name, last name, prefix, suffix, previous last name
- Permanent address: street, city, state, zip, phone, length of residence, previous address
- Personal information: Social Security number, birth date, gender, legal state of residency, citizenship status, ethnicity, race, veteran ID (for veterans only), parents' college history, email
- High school attended/GED earned - including graduation date (or last date of attendance if you did not graduate)
- Previous college (for individuals who have prior college credit) - college name, dates of attendance, degree earned (if applicable)
Apply by paper
Download, print, complete and submit with a $20 nonrefundable application fee made payable to Community College of Rhode Island.
Submit it either in person or by mail to the Office of Enrollment Services at any of our four campus locations.
This page developed and maintained by Admissions. Send comments and suggestions to .