CCRI's Therapeutic Massage Program?
- 100% pass rate for first-time test takers on the National Certification Examination and MBLEx licensure examination 2014 - 2018
- Exceptional ratings on Employer Survey Satisfaction with CCRI graduates
- Associate degree students automatically meet the eligibility criteria to participate in CCRI's advanced study courses in massage, such as the oncology hospital-based training program
What is the Therapeutic Massage Program like at CCRI?
Prerequisite courses for the Therapeutic Massage Program can be taken on any CCRI campus. The Therapeutic Massage program courses are offered in an evening/weekend format on the Newport County Campus. Schedules for fieldwork experiences may vary and opportunities for days, evenings and weekends may exist.
The Therapeutic Massage Program integrates classroom preparation and clinical practice. General education courses such as English Composition, Oral Communication, Human Anatomy and Physiology, Algebra, and Psychology enhance the therapeutic massage core courses. The core courses include laboratory sessions to learn and practice hands on skills required to be a Massage Therapist. The AAS degree students have 1- 2 internship experiences in various settings to practice skills learned in the classroom.
CCRI will provide you with a superior educational experience
As you consider choosing a school to prepare you for a lifelong career in therapeutic massage, consider the following reasons why CCRI will provide you with a superior educational experience.
- CCRI has the only Associate Degree granting program in Rhode Island for Therapeutic Massage, and credits earned at CCRI have the potential to be transferred to a 4 year university, while courses taken in massage certificate programs may not transfer
- CCRI has the only Therapeutic Massage Program in the state of Rhode Island that is accredited through the Commission on Massage Therapy Accreditation (COMTA)
- CCRI has the only Therapeutic Massage Program in Rhode Island that offers a full range of intensive bodywork training - deep tissue, integrative Eastern and Western techniques, and sports massage
- CCRI graduates are ranked top in the country on national examinations and MBLEx licensure examination.
- As a state school, CCRI provides you with a high quality, affordable education where you can earn an Associate Degree in Therapeutic Massage for just over $10,000, which is thousands of dollars less than other private schools in the area who only offer certificates in Massage.
- Graduates are well prepared for a career as a Massage Therapist, with a professional skill level superior to that which is achieved through other programs in the area.
- The curriculum prepares students to work in traditional massage therapy settings, as well as preparing students to practice in medical environments with clients who have compromised health or physical impairments
- Students receive a high level of individual classroom attention, as well as having a strong network of support services such as supplemental classroom instruction and peer tutoring from The Tutoring Center.
- The majority of Professors have Advanced Degrees and have their own massage practices
- Students have the opportunity to be part of the traveling Sports Massage Team
- CCRI has an active incoming and currently enrolled Therapeutic Massage Mentoring Program
- The Community College provides employment assistance through CCRI’s career services department.