Skip to Main ContentSearch SiteSearch Site

Reverse Transfer at CCRI

Reverse Transfer

Reverse transfer enables current or former Community College of Rhode Island students to apply credits they earn at the University of Rhode Island, Rhode Island College or other colleges/universities toward a degree at CCRI.

Having an associate degree or certificate can mean better job opportunities, even while you work toward a bachelor's degree. Our Reverse Transfer Program Coordinator will review your transcript(s) for either the Associate in Arts, Associate in Fine Arts, Associate in Science or the Associate in Applied Science degree, based on the courses you have completed to maximize your credits.

To earn an associate degree through reverse transfer, you need

  • At least 60 college-level credits, with at least 15 from CCRI
  • A combined GPA of 2.0 or higher
  • To resolve any financial obligations to any school
  • A transcript review

After reviewing your transcripts, a CCRI adviser will help you figure out which courses you need to complete your degree or certificate. If you think you qualify for reverse transfer, or have questions about the process, please contact us: [email protected].

Reverse Transfer Application

This page developed and maintained by Records. Send comments and suggestions to [email protected] .