Printing Information For Staff
You can print at all four campuses from your computer to any of the conveniently located Ricoh MFDs. Maps of these locations are available here.
Faculty and Staff may have certain printers automatically mapped to their CCRI-issued computers when they log in. You can also print to various Ricoh MFDs on your campus by sending your print job to the FollowYou queue. In locations with department specific printers, Faculty and Staff can contact the Help Desk for installation assistance.
At the Ricoh MFD select the scan option. You can either select an email address from the address book or manually enter an email address. If you need to add your email address to the address book of a specific Ricoh MFD, contact the Help Desk at #1112
- On your document, go to File, click on Print
- From the Printer menu, select the MFD Printer, and then click on Printer Properties.
- Under Job Type, select Locked Print.
- After selecting Locked Print, click on the Details Button.
- Next to Create Own ID, in the User ID field, type any 8 character ID, this ID will appear on the printer. Under Password, create a 4 to 8 digit temporary password. You will need this password to retrieve
your document, click OK. Then OK, again.
- Go back to the document and click on Print.
- To release your Locked print, go to the Ricoh MFD and follow the instructions below.
You can also find these Instructions on the MFD Quick Reference Guide attached to
- Press the < Printer> button on the control panel. (to left of LCD screen)
- Press < Print Jobs>
- Press < Locked Print Job List>
- Find your User ID and select your Print Job from the list.
- Press Print...
- Enter your document's password on numeric keypad.
- Press OK.
- Press Yes to release the job to print.
Please contact the Help Desk at #1112, if you find any Ricoh MFD in need toner or staples. The Help Desk will send someone to replace the items needed. For department specific printers, the departments are responsible for ordering and replacing the toner.
A stock of paper is kept near the Ricoh printer for convenient refills. A Facilities Work Order Request should be placed by departments near the printer when stock runs low.
For printer issues, please contact the Help Desk at 1112. You will need to provide the printer's location (room #), ID number, type of printer (Ricoh MFD or Hp) and issue specifics.
FollowYou is a service at CCRI that allows you to print to any of the Ricoh MFD locations across the four campuses. You can go to any available Ricoh MFD on any campus and release your print, no waiting.
FollowYou is being rolled out to the various CCRI campuses. Currently the Ricoh MFDs located on the Flanagan (Lincoln) and Newport campuses are on FollowYou. The Knight (Warwick) and Liston (Providence) campuses have some machines on FollowYou.
- On a CCRI-Issued PC, access the File Explorer by either clicking on Computer option in the Start Menu or clicking on the folder icon in your Taskbar.
- In the address bar of the File Explorer type, \\vweqtprintsvr01\FollowYou and click enter. This will automatically install the FollowYou queue.
- A window will open up. If you wish to set this as your default printer, right click
on Printer and select Set As Default Printer.