The Knight Scholarship
APPLICATION PERIOD - May 1 through June 30.
The Knight Scholarship is a merit-based scholarship for new or returning CCRI students and provides $1,000 per semester toward tuition and fees at the Community College of Rhode Island. The Knight Scholarship will be awarded for two consecutive academic years (fall and spring semesters only) to students who continue to meet scholarship criteria. Scholarships will be awarded to a limited number of qualified new or returning students who:
- Have successfully completed the GED credential by passing all required sections of the test or
- Are ranked in the top 25% of their high school graduating class or have graduated from high school with a 2.5 GPA or better, (this scholarship is not intended for students who are eligible for RI Promise).
- Have maintained a 2.5 GPA or better at CCRI, if a CCRI returning student.
- Have applied and enrolled in classes as a full-time student with the intent of completing an associate degree.
- Fill out and submit scholarship application.
- All applicants must have applied for financial aid by completing the current FAFSA. For assistance please attend a Financial Aid Workshop.
- The Knight Scholarship Committee will review the applications and select the most qualified students who meet the scholarship criteria. Students will be notified in July through their MyCCRI email.
- The scholarship will be awarded for two consecutive academic years (fall and spring
semesters only) provided the student: Remains enrolled as a full-time student in a
degree program each semester.
- Enrolls by June 30 of each year.
- Maintains a minimum cumulative CCRI GPA of 2.5 or better.
- Completes all coursework. WP, WF, W and I are not considered completed courses.
Scholarship applications must be submitted by June 30 prior to the fall semester in which you wish to enroll. The Knight Scholarship Committee will review all applications postmarked by the application deadline.