CCRI Athletics Mission Statement
The Community College of Rhode Island Department of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation, an integral part of the curriculum, is dedicated to each individual physical education student and student-athlete by providing a high quality, nationally acclaimed and accredited program which promotes academic and athletic excellence.
The intercollegiate program at the Community College of Rhode Island is an accepted and integral part of the curriculum which produces many benefits difficult to achieve in other areas of education. The coaches of intercollegiate sports often times have greater opportunity to achieve many educational goals by using the athletic fields as an extension of the classroom. Under these circumstances, intercollegiate teams achieve many educational goals because they have the advantage of more time on task and smaller numbers of students who are highly motivated. Intercollegiate competition achieves greater measures of physical fitness, motor skills development, and sound social, emotional and mental attitudes, while pursuing the academic and athletic growth and development of each individual student-athlete. We will excel in sportsmanship, team play and competitive spirit while providing a strong academic foundation.
- To create an environment that provides quality instruction and encourages maximum participation
- To provide the best possible facilities and equipment
- To have the most qualified coaching personnel
- To provide an academic support program to all student-athletes
- To transfer 100% of our student-athletes to 4-year institutions of higher learning
- To provide a safe and healthy environment for all of our student-athletes
This page developed and maintained by CCRI Athletics. Send comments and suggestions to .