Magnetic Resonance Imaging Certificate Program
Applications for Fall 2017 entrance through Fall 2019 entrance (MRIC)
|Fall Enrollment - Apply in June
||Lincoln - Evening
Minimum requirements to apply to the Magnetic Resonance Imaging Certificate program:
- CCRI Application for Enrollment into General Studies with a pre-Magnetic Resonance
Imaging Certificate (MRIC) concentration.
- Official copy of a high school transcript, GED® transcript or baccalaureate transcript
from an accredited institution, including date of graduation or completion.
- ARRT certificate – Current certification as a radiologic technologist through the
American Registry of Radiologic Technologists. (ARDMS, American Registry of Diagnostic
Medical Sonographers, and NMTCB, Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board,
certifications are acceptable substitutes.)
- ACCUPLACER test issued by CCRI's Department of Advising and Counseling.
- Reading Comprehension Requirement:
- Score of 80 or above in Classic Accuplacer is required in Reading Comprehension
or score of 253 or above in Next Generation Accuplacer is required in Reading Comprehension
or ENGL 0890: Critical Reading with a grade of "B-" or better
- Mathematics Requirement:
- Demonstrate competency at MATH 1025 level by placing into MATH 1025 through the standardized
placement test or complete MATH 0100 with a "C" or better.
- English Requirement:
- English (writing) Accuplacer test must show readiness to take ENGL 1010: Composition
or applicant must have completed ENGL 1005: College Writing with a grade of "C" or better.
ENGL 1300 will not substitute for ENGL 1010.
- A minimum overall cumulative grade point average of 2.0 is required to apply to the program and be maintained until enrolled in the Magnetic Resonance Imaging Certificate program.
All the above requirements must be met satisfactorily BEFORE submission of the Performance-Based
Health Science (PBHS) application and does not guarantee acceptance. Students declining
acceptance into the program for the semester must resubmit a PBHS application for
the program and meet current requirements. Once accepted into the program, the student
must attend a mandatory orientation conducted by the Allied Health Department.
- Complete and submit an online PBHS application here.
Deadlines are listed on the form.
Conditionally accepted students are required to complete the following:
- When directed by notification from the Office of Enrollment Services, students must
submit a background check.
Results of BCI may prevent admission due to clinical agencies' requirements.
- Applicants must have a physical examination and the required immunizations completed
prior to the start of MRIC 2260: Introduction to Magnetic Resonance Imaging.
- Students also must have a current CPR card (American Heart Association, Healthcare
Provider level) obtained through an AHA-recognized community training center. This
course is also available at CCRI (HEAL 0200). CPR must be documented prior to the
start of MRIC 2260: Introduction to Magnetic Resonance Imaging.
Final acceptance is based upon the completion of the above criteria.
Please note: Requirements are subject to change.
For more clarifying information regarding any of the above please contact the Office
of Enrollment Services at:
- Mike Hynes, Knight Campus, 401-825-2266, firstname.lastname@example.org
- If more specific information is needed, contact Aida Faria, the Magnetic Resonance
Imaging Certificate Program Director, at 401-333-7071 or via email at email@example.com
Magnetic Resonance Imaging Certificate Program Acceptance Sort Order
Applicants to the Magnetic Resonance Imaging program will be offered acceptance in
order based on their score on the national certification examination given by the
American Registry of Technologists. (ARDMS, American Registry of Diagnostic Medical
Sonographers and NMTCB, Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board, certifications
are acceptable substitutes.)