Summer Financial Aid 2015
Summer Sessions I & II
The Financial Aid Office will be determining aid for students based on eligibility and enrollment status for the summer term. This will be determined by the unmet need and remaining amount of unused Pell Grant and/or Loans from the previous fall 2014 and/or spring 2015 terms.
In order to qualify for summer 2015 financial aid students must meet the following:
- Have a completed 2014-2015 financial aid file
- Be enrolled in an eligible degree or certificate program
- Maintaining Satisfactory Academic Progress at the end of the spring term
- Financial Aid accepts Satisfactory Academic Progress appeals for the fall and spring semester(s) only.
- Have not utilized maximum financial aid eligibility for the 2014-2015 award year (Pell and Direct Loans)
- Be enrolled in at least 6 credits for most financial aid programs (Pell may be an exception based on your EFC. You may be eligible even if registered less than ½ time.)
Registration for summer courses begins April 6, 2015. The Financial Aid Office recommends that you register for both sessions (Summer I and Summer II) at the same time in order to ensure an accurate financial aid award.
Full time 12 credits or more
¾ time 9-11 credits
½ time 6-8 credits
<½ time 1-5 credits
Pell – Students enrolled for both fall and spring and received full Pell (12 credits each term) will be ineligible for summer Pell. Students registered for fewer credits than full-time for either fall, spring or both terms may have some remaining eligibility left for summer 2014. Examples:
|Fall Award: Full Time||2865|
|Spring Award: Full Time||2865|
|Balance for Summer 2015 (full, 3/4, 1/2, <1/2 time)||0|
|Fall Award: Full Time||2740|
|Spring Award: 3/4 Time||2055|
|Balance for Summer 2015 (full, 3/4, 1/2, <1/2 time)||685|
|Fall Award: 1/2 time||1195|
|Spring Award: 1/2 time||1195|
|Balance for Summer 2015 (full time)||2390|
|Balance for Summer 2015 (3/4 time)||1792|
|Balance for Summer 2015 (1/2 time)||1195|
|Balance for Summer 2015 (<1/2 time)||597|
Direct Federal Stafford Loans
Direct loans are available based on dependency status and grade level. Students must be enrolled at least half time (6 credits.) Students who have already borrowed the maximum loan amounts for the fall and spring terms will not have any remaining loan eligibility for the summer term. For more information on Direct Loan eligibility please visit http://www.ccri.edu/oes/fa/studentloaninformation.html .
The College will have limited funding and limited positions available for Student Employment during summer 2015. Positions will be offered in student centered offices only.