Knight Account Password Reset Policy
The format for the MyCCRI default password is the first 3 letters of the username (first letter Capitalized) followed by the underscore (_) and the last 4 numbers of the CCRI ID number (for example: Jdo_1234). For the underscore, you will need to use the shift key and dash which is located to the left of the plus + sign.
If you are unable to login to your MyCCRI account with the default password, please review our password reset policy below.
MyCCRI and Blackboard accounts provide secure access to a broad range of resources. Therefore, in order to protect your privacy, the process for resetting the MyCCRI account password is restrictive.
Students can now request the Knight password reset at the Academic Computer Labs (ACL) on the following campuses:
- Flanagan Campus Lincoln, RI - Room 3632 - 401-333-7180
- Knight Campus Warwick, RI - Room 2109, 2110, 2112 - 401-825-2334
- Liston Campus Providence, RI - Room 1216 - 401-455-6057
- Newport Campus Newport, RI - Room 253 - 401-851-1703
Click here for a map of the ACL labs
Proper identification must be presented at all locations in order to have the password reset. It will be necessary for us to make positive identification of individuals requesting a password reset. In order to achieve this, we ask for your cooperation in complying with one of the following procedures:
- If you are not on campus (Distance Learning student, etc.), you will need to complete the Knight Password Reset Form (PDF*) which you can fax (or e-mail a scanned copy to firstname.lastname@example.org) along with a copy of your CCRI ID card (or other means of photograph ID) the to the IT Service Desk fax number 825-2418. The Service Desk is open from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm EST Monday through Friday. (The Service Desk is closed on weekends and holidays.)
- After your password has been reset, you should immediately log in to the Self Service Password Management page and click ENROLL. You will be prompted to setup and provide answers to two security questions. After Enrolling into SMOP you will then need to click CHANGE PASSWORD which will enable you to reset your password online.
This policy protects students, faculty and staff from identity theft, fraud or privacy invasion. It exists, with the best of intentions, to help protect accounts and personal information associated with them.
Soon, CCRI will be shifting to a mandatory password change policy determined by “best practices” of security departments across all of higher education. Password changes will be mandated and enforced on a regular basis to a particular level of secure access. Though this is a significant change to the way CCRI does business, it follows the path of all colleges and universities across the country.