Office Communications Server Installed
Information Technology has recently installed an Office Communications Server (OCS) to manage real-time communications. This server works with the Office Communicator 2007 software application to allow many types of communication which allows CCRI faculty and Staff to communicate and collaborate in real-time and supports instant messaging, peer-to-peer audio, video, application-sharing, and data collaboration while keeping all information encrypted.
- Initiate a one-to-one or group text-based conversation when you need information quickly
- Schedule video conferences using a Web camera for more personal communications
- Place Communicator calls (calls from your computer to another computer or to a phone) from any connected location
- View presence information—whether a person is online, in a meeting, out of the office, etc.—from an e-mail message received in Outlook 2007
- Share documents through Communicator “data sharing” sessions
- Instant message contacts securely using public IM programs such as AOL Instant Messenger, MSN / Windows Messenger, and Yahoo! Messenger. Communicator calls and audio/video conferencing are not supported with public instant messaging contacts.
Download OCS Client Software
Please click on the link below to download and install the Office Communicator software:
To schedule Live Meeting in your Outlook Calendar, you will need to download and install the Live Meeting Software and the Conferencing Add-in for Outlook, please click on the links below.
Handouts - Quick Reference Cards
- Live Meeting
- Group Chat
- Phone and Video
- Contact Management, Presence, and Instant Messaging
- Communicator Attendant
†MS Word documents require MS Word to view or print
This page developed and maintained by Information Technology. Send comments and suggestions to .