Hardware & Software Standards
The IT Help Desk will provide support for standardized, campus-wide hardware and software.
The list of approved hardware and software is updated regularly and can be found at
the IT website, Documents page at http://www.ccri.edu/it/helpdesk/software.html.
- To ensure software license compliance, the IT Help Desk will not install any software
without proof of purchase or a copy of a license agreement.
- When purchasing computer hardware, please refer to the current hardware standards
document and select from the pre-approved list whenever possible.
- All non-standard hardware and software purchase requests must be accompanied by a
letter of justification and must be approved by the Department Chair.
- Limited support for non-standard equipment and software is also available, depending
on the availability of technical resources.
- The IT Help Desk offers consultation and assistance with hardware/software purchases.