Adult Education Professional Development
CCRI develops and implements professional development for Rhode Island Adult Education providers in collaboration with RIDE and the Rhode Island Tech Hub for Adult Education. The Program Director, housed in the Liston campus in Providence, organizes professional development opportunities for facilitators/instructors/tutors in ABE, ASE and ESL.
[email protected] supports and improves the work of practitioners at RIDE-funded adult education programs. Six course categories:
- Math and Numeracy: incorporating math & numeracy skills into everyday life
- English Language Arts: using reading and writing skills in all aspects of learning
- English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL): mastering English language skills to unlock opportunities
- I-BEST and Workplace Education: contextualizing skills for career pathways
- Assessment: using valid and reliable evaluation to plan next steps
- Student Engagement and Accessibility: program design to ensure accessibility and support persistence
[email protected] is the lead agency facilitating strong, collaborative, effective, high quality statewide professional development to improve instruction that results in changes to teacher practices and improvement in student learning outcomes. As part of Rhode Island’s commitment to cross-agency alignment of investments and activities, [email protected] coordinates with Tech HUB, who provides professional development responsive to the needs of local programs by cultivating communities of practice to support digital skills development among staff and technology integration into instruction. Together [email protected] and Tech HUB share local, regional and national professional learning opportunities through the new Rhode Island Adult Education website. www.riadulted.org
Contact Joan Ford, Program Director, at: [email protected]
Workforce ProgramsMore Info
- Adult Education Professional Development
- Bridge to Best Program
- Corporate Language Training
- English Language Studies (ELS)
- GED® Testing & Transcripts
CCRI’s Career services Office provides students and alumni with high-quality services, support and resources for successful career planning and superior experiential learning opportunities.
The CCRI Workforce Partnerships Team works in close collaboration with industry and business leaders to ensure the college’s offerings are meeting both current and future workforce needs.