Gateways to Success Initiatives
Staff have been instructed to work offsite but continue to support our students. Please contact them by email - they will respond. Alternately, call or text them at 401.287.2794. Any urgent program updates will be posted below.
Starfish Student Success Center Appointments
The Community College of Rhode Island's Office of Opportunity and Outreach is pleased to announce our "Gateways to Success" Initiatives.
These are free programs geared toward better preparing incoming CCRI students for academic and personal success.
One of our primary goals is to limit the number of developmental education classes our students take by better preparing them for taking the ACCUPLACER Next Generation test.
Our goals include enhancing:
- students' academic study skills;
- personal growth;
- career exploration and development;
- goal-setting and time-mapping skills;
- engagement in college life;
- preparedness for taking charge of their academic journey; and
- ability to make use of available resources at CCRI.