Final exam schedule
The Fall 2015 final exam schedule is now available online. Please refer to the appropriate campus exam schedule PDF to see the day and time your exam is scheduled. In the event of a conflict, students should take the exam for the course that meets earlier in the week and/or earlier in the day. Students should inform instructors of conflicts and schedule makeup exams with them. Please note that students are not required to take more than two final exams in any one day. Any questions should be directed to your course instructor.
There's Black Friday and Cyber Monday and there's #GivingTuesday – a national day of giving at the start of the holiday season. For the first time, the Community College of Rhode Island Foundation and Alumni Association are proud to be official partners in this movement. On Tuesday, Dec. 1, please show your support for CCRI and give the gift of education with a contribution to support fellow students. Click here to learn more and donate online.
Painting CCRI red
Did you know that 34 million people worldwide are living with HIV, but those on an effective treatment regimen can expect to live a normal lifespan?
World AIDS Day is Tuesday, Dec. 1. The CCRI Gender Equity Initiative encourages the college community to stand in solidarity with those affected in any way by AIDS on that day by wearing red and its "Painting CCRI red" sticker while on campus.
Stickers are available at all campuses from the following individuals and departments:
- Assistant Professor Jim Miller, Associate Professor Carol Patnaude and Professor Bill Pellicio in Human Services.
- Pam Forleo in Career Services.
- Erika Hogan in the Office of Enrollment Services.
- David Sears in the Student Government office.
- Gender Equity in Room 1012.
- Student Services in Suite 0060.
- Sharon Miles in CWCE.
- Student Government office.
- Associate Professor Suzanne McCormack in Room 1354.
- Rekha Rosha in the Office of Opportunity and Outreach.
- Maryann Swanbeck in the Student Government office.
Newport County Campus:
- Robyn Greene in Administration.
- Billie Jane Valente in Advising and Counseling.
Email Gender Equity with any questions or to learn more.
General Dynamics on campus
Representatives from General Dynamics Electric Boat will be at the Liston Campus from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 2, in the Atrium. Take advantage of the opportunity to learn more about careers available at the company. For more information, contact Tonia Fay at 455-6151 or email@example.com.
Knight Campus Student Government will host Winter Wonderland, a fundraiser for all clubs, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 9, in the Great Hall at the Knight Campus in Warwick. The event is open to the entire CCRI community.
Summer trip to Italy
An informational meeting will be held regarding the summer immersion program in Italy from 2 to 3 p.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 9, in Room 6418 at the Knight Campus.
The program is open to students, professionals and community members with an interest in Italian language and culture. For more information, email Professor Maria Mansella or visit the program website.
The Flanagan Campus Psychology Club is holding a theme basket raffle to support Seven Hills, a social service agency.
Tickets will cost $2 each or two for $3. Tickets can be purchased in the Psychology Department at the Flanagan and Liston campuses. See Assistant Professor Amanda Vanner at the Flanagan Campus and Assistant Professor Gerald Williams at the Liston Campus. Gifts include a HP printer, headphones, gift certificates and CCRI gear.
All proceeds collected will be donated to a family in the form of gift certificates to purchase holiday gifts for their children. The winning tickets will be drawn during the week of Dec. 6.
Business plan competition
Flanagan Campus Student Government and Lincoln DECA invite everyone to view sample business plans at "A taste of business" from 9 to 10:30 a.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 9, in the rear of the cafeteria at the Flanagan Campus in Lincoln. All students are invited to participate and submit a display. Recognition and small prizes will be awarded.
Please email Professor Carol Rowey or see any Lincoln DECA member for more information. All are welcome to come and view student projects.
Upcoming music events
- A Jazz Ensemble Concert featuring performances from jazz students will be held at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 24, in Room 0540 at the Knight Campus in Warwick. Admission cost is $5.
- A Chamber Ensemble featuring the CCRI Microband and Percussion Ensemble will perform an entertaining program at 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 3, in the Bobby Hackett Theater at the Knight Campus in Warwick. Admission cost is $5.
- A jazz recital featuring performances by applied jazz students will be held at 1 p.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 9, in Room 0540 at the Knight Campus in Warwick. Admission is free.
- A Choral Concert featuring CCRI student chorus and chamber singers will be held at 7 p.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 9, in the Bobby Hackett Theater at the Knight Campus in Warwick. The performance is directed by Dr. Joseph Amante. Admission cost is $5.
- A piano recital featuring performances by students taking piano classes and those studying privately will be held at 11 a.m. on Thursday, Dec. 10, in Room 0540 at the Knight Campus in Warwick. Admission is free.
- A student instrumental recital featuring performances by applied classes instrumental students will be held at 1 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 11, in Room 0540 at the Knight Campus in Warwick. Admission is free.
back to top
Events This Week
Women's basketball game
The following home match is scheduled:
- 1 p.m. on Sunday, Nov. 29, vs. Monroe College.
Basketball home games are played at the Knight Campus in Warwick.
back to top
Ongoing News & Events
Pharmacy tech program orientation
CCRI's Center for Workforce and Community Education will hold an orientation session at 5 p.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 2, in Room 4212 at the Knight Campus in Warwick to introduce prospective students to its Comprehensive Pharmacy Technician II program. Learn more.
'Aesop and the Texas Diaspora'
This traveling portfolio of work reflecting on Aesop's fables by artists connected through printmaking by way of Texas will be on display through Dec. 2 in Room 3500, Knight Campus Art Gallery.
Transfer days will be held from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. on:
- Tuesday, Dec. 1, in the Atrium in Providence.
- Wednesday, Dec. 2, in the Lower Commons in Warwick.
- Thursday, Dec. 3, in the rear of the student cafeteria in Lincoln.
Learn more about fall transfer events on Advising and Counseling's transfer events website.
Student Health 101
The Dean of Students Office is providing information on health, fitness, nutrition and more in Student Health 101, an online magazine. The November issue includes articles on stress, avoiding the flu, budgeting, healthy habits and more. View the issue on mobile devices.
Information sessions are offered at all four CCRI campuses every semester. Sessions are available in a number of areas including general information, nursing, sonography and on-the-spot transcript review. Some sessions are available in Spanish. Learn more and sign up for an upcoming session.
back to top