Increase Engagement with VoiceThread
Welcome to VoiceThread!
Academic Affairs is excited to announce VoiceThread, an asynchronous student engagement tool that seamlessly integrates into any Blackboard course. VoiceThread (VT) fills the social presence gap found in online learning interactions that helps keep student motivated and engaged.
VoiceThread Webinars for Fall 2022
Explore how to merge lecture recordings and discussions to create interactive and engaging learning experiences with VoiceThread. Learn how VoiceThread can be used for student presentations and portfolios. You can even use VoiceThread for personalized feedback for large writing assignments or capstones.
- Tuesday, 11/1, 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm - Using VoiceThread for Personalized Feedback on Writing Assignments
10/4 Using VoiceThread for Interactive Lectures
- Webinar Recording
- Playlist for all VoiceThread Webinars
Tutorials for Faculty
- Creating an Individual VT Link
- Setting up assignments
Tutorials For Students
Tuesday, 10/18, 3:00 - 4:00 pm - Using VoiceThread for Student Presentations and Portfolios
- Webinar Recording
- Setting up a Create Assignment Tutorial
- Grading Assignments Tutorial
- Reconnecting Your Assignments Tutorial
- Submitting a Create Assignment Student Tutorial
VoiceThread is Accessible
Add captions and transcripts to your lectures automatically by using VoiceThread. Learn about VoiceThread Universal, an application designed for people who use a screen reader to access content on the web. VT Universal can be set as a user's default method of interacting with VoiceThread conversations. If you are implementing Universal Design for Learning, then VoiceThread is the application for you!
Looking for more about VoiceThread?
- Check out the VoiceThread Library Research Guide to get you started and see examples.
- Access technical instructions for VoiceThread.
- Access instructions and how-to videos for students.
What Information Does VoiceThread Collect and Share?