Student Help Wanted
Learn while you earn! [Apply Now!]
Title: Student Assistant Web Developer
Department: IT, Web Services
Job Type: Work Study, Student Help
Semester: Fall, spring and summer
Hours: 15 weekly
Pay Rate: $10.00 p.h.
This is a student assistant position that will work in the IT Web Services division
to build and update web page structure and content. The position will provide customer
web support to the college community. Other duties may include creating training materials,
documentation and conducting general administrative tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build web pages using the college's Web Content Management System and HTML editors
- Assist various college departments with training and documentation
- Prepare photos for use on the web site by cropping, resizing or modifying with Adobe
- Fix broken links and misspellings on website
- Help college website meet all accessibility laws
- Improve college website SEO
- Help with the migration of the website to new responsive design templates
- Must be academically eligible and submit a resume for consideration.
- Excellent English verbal communication and writing skills
- Responsible and dependable
- Ability to work well with various people including students, faculty and staff.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Motivated, innovative, and shows initiative
- Proficiency with Windows and Mac OS
- Proficiency with communication software and Internet applications (e.g. Web browsers,
- Some knowledge of HTML, CSS and web development standards
- Some knowledge in advanced web development languages
- Some knowledge of Web Standards and best practices
- Some knowledge of web accessibility requirements and tools
- Some knowledge of interactive design principles, standards and theories
- The Student Assistant Web Developer reports directly to the Manager of Internet Design
& Content and the other members of the Web Services division of IT.
If you have any questions in regards to this application, please send your inquiry